Western EcoSystems Technology, Inc. (WEST), a dynamic medium size consulting firm with offices across the United States, is looking for a fulltime, experienced Software Developer in our Cheyenne, WY Laramie, WY, Fort Collins, CO, or Albuquerque, NM office. Since 1990, WEST has grown to be one of the premier environmental and statistical consulting firms in the United States. WEST has a permanent core of professionals with broad experience in basic and applied ecological studies and the sophisticated analysis of natural resource data.Please click
here to see what benefits WEST offers!
The successful candidate in this position will:
- Help design and build applications and interfaces; test and debug existing applications, and work closely with our existing database and developer staff as a team.
- Work with a team of existing developers to expand our current custom applications. Ability to develop on top of Microsoft MSSQL and PostgreSQL is required. Solid knowledge of SQL and database structure is important.
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Experience in gathering user requirements and defining system functionality
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Provide training and support for the custom made applications.
- Strengthen the security of our internal applications.
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies.
The minimum base salary for this position is $64,815, plus annual bonus and the maximum is $87,266. Salary may vary based on education, knowledge and experience.
This is a general description of the functions for this position and is not inclusive of the duties which may be associated with this position.Requirements:
The Developer we are seeking has a great opportunity to help WEST take the next step in our growth as a premier environmental consulting firm. Successful candidate must be a self-starter who possesses:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical school or experience.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a professional development setting with excellent documentation and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work well under time constraints and within an established budget
WEST is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for everyone and highly recommends all prospective hires be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to their start date. While WEST does not currently require vaccinations, please be aware that WEST has a mandatory vaccination policy in place should local, state or federal law require vaccinations. Additionally, WEST has certain clients that require all personnel to be vaccinated prior to working on their projects, so individuals will be required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination prior to working on those projects. As an exception, employees may also request a Medical or Religious exemption from the vaccine requirement and the request must be supported by a doctor for a medical exemption or by a statement from the employee outlining a sincerely held belief to qualify for a religious exemption. Please contact us if you have any questions.
After an offer of employment is made, the candidate must successfully pass a pre- employment background check, drug screening, and a DMV records check that meets WEST’s minimum criteria to operate a motor vehicle on behalf of the company. A valid driver’s license will be required.
WEST provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, genetics, and any protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Further, WEST takes affirmative action to ensure that all individuals are treated fairly, and without discrimination, for recruitment, selection, advancement and every other term and privilege associated with employment.