We’re looking for a Cloud-Based VDI Engineer to help us make a difference in our cloud-based platforms. To help develop and maintain operational technology roadmaps/lifecycle with a “customer first” focus to meet and anticipate future needs.
- Design, engineer, automate and maintain VDI solutions using cloud-centric technologies such as AWS workstations, Azure WVD, and hybrid/on-prem solutions.
- Product Owner for VDI related activities and ensure work prioritization for both IMS VDI engineering and operation support resources.
- Ensure operational excellence in VDI operations through automation, orchestration, and process development.
- Act as key VDI product owner and serve as a voice to project the expectations of the platform on new or in-flight projects.
- Partner and collaborate with Enterprise Security to understand and implement security standards to our VDI environment, ensuring compliance to monthly patching goals for all VDI instances, including instances utilized by R&D and Production Engineering groups.
- Optimize and automate solutions for management and deployment of VDI applications, operating systems, updates, and configuration changes.
- Develop and maintain operational run-books and technology roadmaps/lifecycle with a “customer first” focus to meet and anticipate future needs.
- Review and prioritization of VDI-related activities, including project-related tasks and support activities.
- Requirements-Gathering and Prioritization.
- Conduct thorough project intake and requirements gathering.
- Solution Design.
- Collaborate on technology solutions and designs to meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Understand the impact on other DPE Platforms (i.e., network, firewall, security, etc) and document these requirements.
- Understand the VDI technology landscape as applicable to long-term vision and strategy.
- Requirements Validation, Testing.
- Development and Implementation.
- IMS Operation vendor work priorities (project vs support).
- Ensure IMS Operation vendors meet or exceed SLAs.
- Technical solution designs for VDI/eVDI related projects, including ensuring any designs meet Security guidelines.
- Understanding of VDI security requirements, including keeping abreast of security vulnerabilities and ensuring all VDI systems are patched monthly/as needed to meet Security team guidelines.
- Ensure the project produces a requirements document prior to a technology solution(s) being selected.
- Meet and communicate with end-user to ensure pain points and expectations are well understood.
- Obtain baseline performance measurements to aid with the end-user testing/acceptance phase of the project.
- Ensure R&Rs are documented and agreed upon with all stakeholders.
- Understanding of impact on systems and end-users for the Jira stories (tasks) related to VDI.
- Collaborate with Platform Product Owner to ensure that the VDI team backlog contains the necessary stories for the upcoming sprints.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years or more of VDI technology implementation for large-scale VDI deployments (over 1000 end users).
- Amazon Workspaces VDI desktops OR Azure Virtual Desktop and Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) experience.
- 5+ years of progressive experience/deep knowledge of Hyper-converged systems, including experience working as a Windows/Virtualization systems administrator.
- 3-5 years of experience with Desktop Image management including the operating systems (e.g., Windows 10) and the baseline set of software that all end-users receive.
- 6 or more years of experience working in Data Warehouse and Data Lake development.
- Experience with Home Directory and Profile support for storage and management of personal and application-related data specific to end-user.
- 4+ years of experience in PowerShell scripting and task automation.
- Liquidware Labs ProfileUnity and Stratusphere UX experience.
- Deep understanding and experience in design/deployment of virtualization hypervisor technologies such as Vmware Vsphere, and Nutanix HCI/Acropolis.
Prefer candidates with 2 or more of the following:
- VMware Horizon View VDI experience.
- Vmware and/or Nutanix certifications.
NOTE: ONLY US Citizen & Green Card Holder
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- VDI: 3 years (Preferred)
- Virtual Desktops: 3 years (Preferred)
- AWS Workspaces: 3 years (Preferred)
- Azure Virtual Desktops: 3 years (Preferred)
- Windows Virtual Desktops: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote