Description of Work:
- Provide development support to the government client and enable design, development, and implementation of complex systems.
- Implement web programming techniques and frameworks.
- Design, Develop and use User Interface (UI) using Angular, Node.Js, web-based APIs (especially REST-based APIs),
- Develop data migration programs using Java
- Conduct unit testing to ensure high quality bug free code.
- Design and implement scalable and robust approaches to caching, security, and databases
- Decompose business and system architecture to support clean-interface multi-team development.
- Understands the business problem statement, user stories, and technical constraints Participate in the full life cycle of an agile or waterfall projects by designing and developing user interfaces and applications.
- Participate in planning, retrospectives, demos and daily stand-ups.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis.
- Ensure Section 508 Compliance.
- Provide weekly and monthly status to the management.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
Basic Qualifications: Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of relative experience, Master's degree and 9 years of relative experience, or 18 years of relative experience in an IT field in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience with Java or J2EE, Websphere, Maven, Git, Jenkins
- Minimum of 6 years of experience working with relational databases with emphasis on Oracle
- Minimum of 3 years of experience using CI/CD tools on PaaS environment. Preferably AWS
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in developing metrics using WebFocus
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with two or more of the following frameworks/technologies:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience using a code repository with distributed version control such as Git/Bit Bucket.
- Minimum of 3 years of hands on experience on data migration projects
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance
Preferred Qualifications: Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Prior Social Security Administration (SSA) experience
- Experience with relational database systems including PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, and DB2; and writing complex SQL queries
- Development, design and production support experience
- Ability to contribute to design and architecture discussions
- Experience in creating design/technical documentation
- Experience in different application servers
- Experience in developing Design patterns and UMLs
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodology and tools (such as Version One, Rally, or JIRA)
- Proficient in Extensible Markup Language (XML) and SharePoint
- Extensive knowledge of SOA principle, design patterns, application and integration architectures.
- Extensive experience in Object Relational Mapping technologies like JPA/Hibernate in web service technologies
- Extensive experience with Unit Testing using Junit
- Experience with Domino Data Science Platform
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Catonsville, MD 21228: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: One location