Charter is proud to have a network that provides service to millions of users across the country. The Network Engineering team is responsible for the implementation of approved network architecture and designs. Under limited supervision, the NE II assists in the planning, forecasting, implementation and identification of resource requirements for network systems of varying (moderate to high) complexity. As a member of the team, you will develop and implement network enhancements while following corporate standards. You will be sought after for recommendations for improvement and assists in staff development efforts.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for the implementation of approved network architecture and designs
- Hands on involvement in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards and implements approved methods of procedure.
- Contributes in designing corporate standards and develops network enhancements
- Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Leading project teams that maintain and improve network operations.
- Acts as a mentor to junior staff
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.'
- Proactively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field, and / or related work experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of network engineering experience
- Minimum two (2) years experience with Cisco and/or Juniper
- At least two (2) years of Data network experience
- Must be able to work the following shift - Wed 1:00pm thru Sat- 11:00pm
- Ability to use ticketing and software tools to support the current operations
- Knowledge of basic network devices, basic network appliances and network designing software; such as Visio
- Intermediate knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Singlemode Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, ethernet and transport technologies and protocols
- Basic knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCIP)
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc)
- Knowledge of company products and services
ENE309-CBO 314735 314735BR
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits
package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a salary range of $73,100.00 to $116,700.00
. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.