Role: Sr Design Engineer
Reports to: VP of Engineering
Direct Reports: Yes
To design high quality, timely, and best-cost products.
Position responsibilities as follows:
- Design cost-effective product
- Assure designs meet industry standards.
- Standardize product where feasible.
- Design for ease of manufacturability
- Continuously verify product integrity and performance
- Determine feasibility of component substitutions and upgrades
- Develop and maintain Design Logic
- Develop & implement new component parts for cost reductions and increase in market share
- Redesign products to achieve cost out targets.
- Respond to shop problems and requests.
- Develop and teach transformer courses to internal and external customers.
- Respond to customer questions in relationship to the product and its application.
- Participate on alliance customer standards committees.
- Actively participate on the IEEE Transformer Committee
- Maintain ownership & control of the ICN process.
- Construct and publish technical reports
- Advise other Engineers and Technicians
- Maintain engineering standard documents
- Participate in plant visits and customer site visits and presentations
- Develop knowledge of submersible design and application in Sales Engineers and Design Engineers
Education or Equivalent (any of these may apply):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required
- Minimum of 2 years of transformer experience required, 3 – 5 years preferred.
- Understands and supports department KRA; customer designs are completed on-time
- Exhibits a passion for results.
- Actively seeks, shares, and applies new concepts to continuously improve self and others.
- Is self-directed and proactive.
- Is skilled in project definition and execution.
- Has ability to analyze and explain processes.
- Is skilled in using computer applications including MS Office, Lotus Notes, Intranet and Internet.
- Has strong background in manufacturing concepts.
- Applies statistical problem solving tools
- Understands the processes and operation of the factory, including internal customer expectations.
- Participates on various process, project and other PPI teams as a facilitator, leader or subject matter expert.
- Knows transformer design --- especially how the core-coil interact to make the transformer function
- Demonstrate a passion for customer service
- Position contingent on passing all applicable fit for duty requirements
About Power Partners:
Power Partners is a leading manufacturer of distribution transformers, serving utility, industrial and commercial customers in North America, Central America, Mexico, the Caribbean and other markets. Working with our suppliers, we provide value to our customers, associates and community by responsibly producing reliable, energy-efficient distribution and cooling solutions.
Power Partners’ products include single-phase and three-phase pole-type transformers at 34.5 kV and below, in ratings from 5-1000 kVA single-phase and 30- 500 kVA three-phase.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $105,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Athens, GA 30607: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location