At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us. The Missile and Weapon Systems (MWS)
organization is dynamic and growing with a leadership team focused on attracting and developing top talent in support of critical missions for National Defense and Strategic Deterrence. Connected to our customers' missions, we deliver unique capability through our exceptional talent. The programs that we support include Ground-based Midcourse Defense, precision-guided munitions, Integrated Air & Missile Defense products including the Patriot Advanced Capability 3(PAC-3), National Team, and Strategic Deterrence Systems which includes Minuteman ICBM support and guidance system repair. Boeing
is seeking multiple motivated and talented Senior Software Engineers
to join the Missile Defense National Team in Colorado Springs, CO and/or Huntsville, AL
As a Missile Defense National Team Senior Software Engineer
, you will support the development, integration, verification, and test of the Command and Control, Battle Management Communications (C2BMC) system. The C2BMC National Team program
is the system integration piece of the Ballistic Missile Defense System
(BMDS) which defends the United States homeland and its regional allies all over the world. Be a part of our passionate and highly-motivated team who are excited to be on the forefront of defense of our nation.Come Join Us and Build the Future!Primary Responsibilities:
This is a software development
role. Your duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Developing and maintaining code and integrating software components into a fully functional software system
- Developing, documenting and maintaining architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems
- Serving as a developing subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations
- Serving as a Senior Team Member supporting junior software engineers
You will be expected to drive the design, architecture and approach. You will:
- Develop, select, tailor and deploy software processes, tools and metrics
- Implement and document software research and development projects
Accuracy and accountability are key. You will be expected to:
- Track and evaluate software team and supplier performance
- Develop software verification plans, test procedures and test environments
- You will work under minimal direction in a team environment
- Individual must be capable of working both independently and in a team environment
- Individual must have strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities along with developing horizontal integration skills
offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous Paid Time Off (PTO), flexible work schedules, paid
parental leave for mothers and fathers, 401k matching, tuition assistance for earning advanced degrees, and paid medical leave programs.This position is expected to be 100% onsite.
The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options. (Colorado Springs, CO OR Huntsville, AL) This position may require the ability to obtain access to an MDA facility.
Access to the facility requires a background investigation by U.S. government authorities.This is a sensitive/safety-sensitive position and is subject to random drug and alcohol testing.This position requires candidate acceptance by industry partner resource control boardThis position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance.
(A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Qualifications):
- Currently possess a technical bachelor's degree, master's degree or a PhD. (A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study).
- 5+ years' experience with development of C/C++, Java, and/or Linux Operating Systems
- 3+ years' experience in full software development life-cycle
- 3+ years' experience with software development and configuration management (CM) tools
- DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA) is a plus
- Experience in all aspects of designing and implementing a system (requirements development, system architecture, software design, software testing)
- Software design and development experience for Java-based applications operating in a UNIX/Linux platform environment
- Experience with Eclipse, Maven, Git, JIRA, Confluence and other open source development tools is highly desired
- Software testing and documentation experience is desirable
- Training/Experience with Windows, Linux, and VMWare Platforms
- Training/Experience with Agile + Lean S/W Development Tools and Methods (DevOps Environment)
- Training/Experience with Information Assurance Implications
- Experience with automating testing
- Familiarity with Software Engineering design artifacts Use Cases and SysML diagrams
- Experience with development/performing automated installs with Ansible
- Knowledge of BMDS and C2BMC in particular would be very helpful
- Object-Oriented development patterns, principles and implementation experience
- Service Oriented Architecture development principles and implementation experience
- Software architecture and continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) experience
- Experience with VMWare systems administration and installing
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience).
In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.Relocation:
This position offers relocation
based on candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies. **Additional Information**All information provided will be checked and may be verified. Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date
.The Missile Defense Programs
in the Colorado Springs area include Command and Control Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) and Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD).The C2BMC National Team
provides technical solutions to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) Contract. C2BMC is the integrating element for the Ballistic Missile Defense System and links various sensors and weapon systems. The system provides capabilities to integrate and synchronize missile defense systems and operations, providing a layered defense against multiple ranges of threats and in all phases of flight.The Missile Defense National Team - Engineering (NT-E)
develops Software Engineering solutions for the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) and our nation's Missile Defense System (MDS). The MDS is an integrated, layered architecture that provides multiple opportunities to destroy incoming missiles and their warheads before they can reach their targets. NT-E solves complex missile defense problems working with industry partners, national laboratories, and various agencies within the Department of Defense. NT-E supports both homeland and regional defense needs of our nation against today's threats and for the future.The Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD)
team designs, develops, integrates, tests, and operates the GMD system in a 365/24 hrs. a day operational environment providing increased warfighter capability to support the homeland defense our nation against today's threats and for the future.The Missile Defense Programs
in the Huntsville site include Command and Control Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD), and Missile Defense National Team - Engineering (MDNT-E).
, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities. The Boeing Company
also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $101,000 - $144,000 Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.