Imagine a place where responsibility is shared equally among all employees. Where leaders are approachable, and the open-door policy is the rule. Where employees are tasked to be innovative and work with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Welcome to Manhard Consulting! We see problems as an opportunity for creativity, and we are looking for problem solvers to join our dynamic team. Our firm is organized into small teams to give you a strong sense of accountability and to achieve great results. Job Summary:
Responsible for the overall success and supervision of land development, residential, industrial, retail, mixed-use, healthcare, educational and recreational projects. Drives business development activities in conjunction with the firms’ annual business development objectives. Accountability and Duties:
- Prepares and monitors project budgets. Has overall responsibility for the profitability of their projects.
- Responsible for project schedules and timely completion of projects.
- Prepares design concepts and develops project plans and specifications.
- Prepares proposals for engineering services.
- Coordinates and approves pricing, estimating, and proposed strategies for proposed projects.
- Serves as a designated client contact.
- Supervises and monitors client relationship strategies.
- Prepares forecast of workload for team.
- Supervises and directs team of technical staff and assigns tasks.
- Meets/corresponds with clients to obtain direction/feedback.
- Attends client meetings- day or night.
- Conducts site visits as required.
- Responsible for control of work-in-process for, ensures accurate client billings and monitors outstanding accounts receivable and collection efforts on h/she projects.
- Initiates business development activities.
- Conduct performance reviews and career development for team members.
- Performs other duties incidental to the work described herein.
Registered professional engineer with ten years design experience in residential, commercial, or industrial land development projects. Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college or University. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- PE license required
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Outstanding writing, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS Office and AutoCAD Civil 3D. Deltek a plus.
- Must be fluent in the English language.
The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions, possibly for extended assignments. Employer’s Disclaimer:
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the Associate occupying this position.
- The Firm reserves the right to add or revise an Associate’s job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Manhard does not accept unsolicited resumes from any 3rd party agencies. No fee will be paid to 3rd parties who submit unsolicited resumes to any Manhard employee. Resumes from approved vendors must be specifically requested by Manhard and approved by the Manhard Talent Acquisition Team.
Manhard Consulting is proud to offer equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and a harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We support inclusion and believe in welcoming a collective sum of individual differences, thoughts, traits, and characteristics to represent our culture and achievements.