UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
UMR as the TPA for United Healthcare offers a full suite of benefit administration services to self funded employers across a wide spectrum of industries, sizes and geographies. UMR offers a host of support services including a full set of decision support tools aimed to help members 1) compare and select the right benefit plan for themselves and their covered household 2) research treatment options and approaches for care and 3) compare providers, hospitals and clinics for cost and quality before making a purchasing decision. Services are provided to more than 5.8+ million members currently across more than 3500+ employer groups.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Responsible for supporting product and solution suite including development and roadmap management for decision support solutions/capabilities, including Benefit Cost Comparison Tool, Rally Find and Price Care tool, the Health Education Library online resource, and a host of 3rd party vendor cost/quality transparency and comparison tools.
- Serves as solution analyst and part of a highly motivated and skilled functional team
- Participation in strategic direction determination and competitive market reconnaissance
- Partnership with broader UHG/UHC product leadership and alignment with enterprise vision for decision support tools as strategic solutions for self-funded plan sponsors
- Uses creative thinking to solve problems; Challenges current thinking
- Works with matrix partners to translate required capabilities into concrete operational processes and measurement plans; Interprets vision and translates into requirements for engineering teams
- Demonstrates understanding of methods to gather market insights and analyze competitive landscape through partnership with Market Research and/or direct participation in key activities
- Defines user/buyer characteristics; Contributes to sales channel strategy development that aligns with customer business rhythms and activities
- Active daily support of decision support solutions in place with book of business clients
- Support and strategic execution for new decision support solution build and development efforts
- Consultative support for incentive solutions that utilize decision support tools to drive participation and consumer utilization
- Strategic support for custom decision support solution tools required by large national account groups that require unique configuration and implementation of existing and new programs
- Active observation, relationship and performance management for internal and external vendors providing supplementary or core services embedded within UMR decision support solutions
- Continued awareness and strategic application of competitive intelligence and reconnaissance around third party solution providers
- Active participation in key UMR and enterprise wide UHG initiatives in response to regulatory and compliance requirements around cost and quality transparency (including Transparency in Coverage and the Consolidated Appropriations Act)
Core Job Scope and Guidelines:
- Assesses, anticipates and interprets customer needs and requirements
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solves moderately complex problems and/or conducts moderately complex analyses
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Translates concepts into practice
- Provides explanations and information to others on difficult issues
- Works within the Agile development methodology and process to define and execute on key initiatives and technical development efforts
- Acts as a resource for others with less experience as solution knowledge is attained
- Work with a variety of internal and external teams and partners/vendors as required to deliver key decision support solutions across UMR membership base
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- 3+ years of experience in Healthcare industry and/or in a product management capacity
- Experience within the self-funded or fully insured health plan industry
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically across a dynamic set of corporate goals and objectives
- Ability to quickly and efficiently identify problems, find root cause(s), develop solution alternatives and drive resolution
- Ability to work across functional teams and develop valuable cross-departmental partnerships
- Financial aptitude and ability to translate product decisions into financial impact
- willingness and ability to communicate with senior and executive leadership when required
- Ability to participate with a diverse team in a virtual environment
- Solid prioritization skills
- Proven track record working effectively in a highly fluid environment
- Proven track record with product and solution management and development
- Solid project, time and resource management skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.