Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments.
We are currently sourcing for a Senior Software Engineer to work in Merrimack, New Hampshire or Durham, North Carolina or Westlake, Texas.
The current contact call center platform resides on Genesys but candidates with an SRE background interested in learning the current platform and exploring other solutions for the contact call center platform are encouraged to apply.
The contact call center platform services over 20M clients and processes more than 35M customer interactions per year while operating on a 24x7 basis. This role requires level 3 support of the platform. We like our leaders to have a deep understanding in both technical and business domains.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- You own the outcome by taking personal accountability for delivering strong results
- You can collaborate with others in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment
- You create clean and testable code that can be used as an example to less experienced engineers
- You question the way things are done, always seeking to improve the productivity of the team
- You can make the sophisticated understandable. Solve sophisticated problems, not just detect them
- You believe automation is key to produce high quality software at an increasingly faster pace
- Passion and intellectually curiosity to learn new technologies and business areas
- Translate architectural standards into application level design
- Creating intuitive solutions to real world business problems
- Excellent facilitation, influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both through written and verbal channels
- Excellent collaboration skills to work with multiple teams in the organization and understand when and how to raise
- Guiding/developing, communicating and coordinating implementation of high-level and low-level design in compliance to roadmap, architecture and design standards defined by Business Unit
- Working closely with business and technology teams to help increase speed of delivery, improve quality of code, improve production stability and availability
- Collaborating in an autonomous team, owning all aspects of delivery (Coding, Quality, DevSecOps) as well as helping to transform the devops, provisioning, testing and operational capabilities of the platform
- Simplifying the sophisticated through consistency, refactoring and repeatability
- Helping in developing and completing operational stability practices supporting the Associate Experience within the Call Centers and Investment Centers
- Improving monitoring & telemetry of applications, platforms and service interdependences allowing Service Desk and Support teams to be proactive vs reactive
- Helping lead support teams through incident management and crisis management
- Leading end to end sub initiatives
- Supporting and communicating relevant IT governance policies, procedures, and processes
- Minimum five (5) years voice/data experience
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Expertise with Agile (Scrum, Kanban) delivery and software design, development, test and operational automation
- Proven ability to work independently and professionally in high pressure/visibility situations within tight timeframes
- Understanding of enterprise-scale platform architecture to which includes considerations for high availability and business continuity.
- Familiar with data communication protocols such as Web, telephony, and other protocols: HTTP, SIP, TLS/SSL, TCP/IP, SNMP, LDAP, RDP, SDP
- Familiarity with Docker and container-based development and deployment practices
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and applying uDeploy and/or Ansible
- Proficiency managing, configuring and tuning Linux operating systems
- Solid understanding of VoIP, SIP and data applications/networking
- Provision new services/technologies, providing cost effective telecommunications systems and technology options/solutions
- Examine customer needs to determine the best telecommunications equipment/service(s) and/or solution(s) to meet their needs
- Softphone software installs, configuration and solving
- System backups and reboots
- Documentation of process and procedures as assigned
- Ability to solve problems, perform dev unit testing/quality assurance, and support user acceptance testing to ensure successful project implementations. Provide the appropriate level of documentation and transition information for project efforts for application support and knowledge sharing as desired by methodology.
- Experience supporting 24/7, continuous availability production environments
Be part of the team that provides Fidelity with the world class capabilities and services which connect our associates to our millions of participants, members, and customers. We are an agile scrum team that is responsible for the Contact Center platform and engineering which provides our voice, email, and web chat communication channels. Continual improvement is critical in our space. This requires us to seek out associates who are curious, innovative, and driven to settle for nothing less than complete obsession with the experiences of our customers and associates. We pride ourselves on being system engineers using software development practices to help the overall efficiency and quality of the work. We look for team members with an appetite for continued learning, a team-first demeanour, and a focus on delivering value to the organization. COVID Work Policy
Safety is our top priority. Once we can be together in person with fewer safety measures, this role will follow our dynamic working approach. You'll be spending some of your time onsite depending on the nature and needs of your role. Dynamic Working - Post Pandemic
Our aim is to combine the best of working offsite with coming together in person. For most teams this means a consistent balance of working from home and office that supports the needs of your role, experience level, and working style.
Your success and growth is important to us, so you'll want to enjoy the benefits of coming together in person - face to face learning and training, quality time with your manager and teammates, building your career network, making friends, and taking full advantage of cultural and social experiences Fidelity provides for you. Company Overview
Fidelity TalentSource is the in-house temporary staffing provider for Fidelity Investments, one of the largest and most diversified global financial services firms in the industry. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds, including technology and customer service, to fill assignments across Fidelity's U.S.-based regional and investor center locations. If you would like to experience Fidelity's supportive and collaborative culture while expanding your skill set and developing your professional network, consider a role with Fidelity TalentSource. Apply today at FTSJobs.com.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity TalentSource will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, please contact our HR team at HR@ ftsjobs.com. Information about Fidelity Investments
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients' money. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com.
Fidelity Investments and Fidelity TalentSource are equal opportunity employers.