Database Administrator (PostgreSQL / MySQL / NoSQL / AWS) - 100% Remote - Full Time / Direct Hire
Hamilton Porter is a national search agency that focuses on placing top talent with our clients from across the US. We are excited to announce that one of our fastest growing clients is actively looking to hire a full-time Database Administrator to join their team. Our client is a performance marketing and adtech software provider that takes a data driven approach to dynamic online advertising and customer acquisition. For this DBA opening, we are looking for a primary background in cloud database administration. Please ready on for more details ~ this role is 100% remote, no travel.
The Database Administrator will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, and maintenance of critical production RDBMS platforms in our AWS-based cloud. This is a “hands-on” position requiring strong technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for various database environments including, but not limited to production and development, ensuring operational uptime with a focus on data asset security, health, and performance.
- Work with our Software Engineering, DevOps, and Data Science teams to manage access requirements and security of data assets.
- Assist software engineers with query tuning and optimization as well as schema refinement. Recommend best practices for database object creation.
- Work closely with software engineers in order to implement physical database designs and database changes while supporting change management procedures.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Development, and Data Science teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements including automating processes, optimizations for greater scalability, as well as capacity planning.
- Control and monitor user access to the various databases.
- Ensure the performance, integrity, and security of different database software including but not limited to PostgreSQL, MySQL/MariaDB, DynamoDB, and Snowflake.
- 5+ years PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL, or MariaDB Server Administration experience in a high-volume environment desired.
- Experience in maintaining very large databases, supporting high-volume OLTP applications, with a deep understanding of high availability solutions.
- Strong understanding of backups, restore, and recovery models as well as Replication.
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL, relational databases, and query tuning/optimization
- Familiarity with a variety of non-relational data stores including Data Warehouses, NoSQL Systems, and Data Lakes.
- Deep understanding and experience with database security.
- Expert analysis and troubleshooting skills as well as experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes
- Comfortable with cloud computing services and concepts (AWS preferred - RDS, Aurora)
- Proficiency with source control tools, such as Git
Compensation & Perks:
- Competitive Annual Base Salary ($100,000 - $130,000 DOE)
- Annual Bonus of 15% (paid quarterly)
- Excellent Healthcare Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, etc.)
- 401k matching at 4%
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% work from home, no travel required
Please apply today for consideration! We are looking to interview and hire ASAP!
- Amazon Dynamo Db
- Business Process Improvement
- Capacity Planning
- Change Management
- Cloud Computing