This position exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives for the review, research, design, development, and/or solution(s) for a designated engineering system(s) or project(s)/program(s)
- Sustains current avionics programs in production
- Determines technical objectives for designated engineering systems or project(s)/program(s).
- Represents the assigned systems or projects(s)/program(s) as a prime technical expert.
- Act as an expert consultant and advisor on electrical engineering topics.
- Advises or directs the activities of assigned project(s)/program (s) to achieve technical objectives.
- Directs and allocates technical resources and their own labor to achieve objectives.
- Advances existing business opportunities.
- Ensures compliance, reporting, and safety standards are maintained.
- Present technical topics and participates in internal and external technical program reviews.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Bachelor's degree, master's degree, or Ph.D. in engineering or a related technical discipline
- 15 or more years of experience
- Able to work hands-on with test equipment to help troubleshoot problems on hardware.
- Demonstrates a detailed and extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice as well as project and/or program leadership including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established project deadlines or milestones.
- Must possess the ability to contribute to the development of new concepts and principles; resolve unusually complex technical problems; serve as spokesperson on projects and/or programs; and be a technical expert in one or more areas of engineering.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required enabling an effective leadership interface with other departments, all levels of management, professional and support staff, customers, potential customers, and government representatives.
- Customer-focused, formulates plans based on the development of innovative new designs in resolving advanced technical engineering problems.
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment.
- Able to on rare occasions work extended hours as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Security Clearance is required.
Salary: $160,000 to $200,000
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $160,000.00 - $200,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- San Diego, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location