- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
Are you looking for a role that positively impacts millions of customers across the globe? As a software development engineer on the Fire TV core experiences team, you will design and implement scalable integration solutions for video service partners & 3rd party developers (Prime Video Channels, IMDb TV, Twitch, etc)! These blog entries best describe what our team has delivered to delight our customers over the years:
Key job responsibilities
- Develop key features for FireTV product initiatives associated with partner enablement
- Build technical architecture between multiple complex systems
- Document designs and architecture and review with stakeholders
- Scope and help prioritize feature request with product management
- Drive continuous improvements with the team’s processes
- Proactively identify and resolve technical risks and issues that may impair the team's ability to deliver
A day in the life
You will also build brand new initiatives that introduce new integration opportunities for developers.
You will improve the development experience by designing features that further enhance the customer experience, develop optimizations that reduce unnecessary contact points, implement reference applications that increase developer confidence, and realize tools that shorten the overall time to integrate.
You will have opportunities to build applications from the ground up; we have vertical ownership in the software stack, which allows you to flex across backend cloud services (AWS DynamoDb, ElasticSearch, S3), Android application development (Java/Kotlin), and developer tools (React).
About the team
The Fire TV partner enablement team's mission is to empower developers to onboard their best-in-class content so that customers can discover & enjoy directly from Fire TV!
We are a team of full stack software engineers located in Denver (CO), Seattle (WA), and Arlington (VA). We team up cross-functionally with product management, quality assurance, business development, & solution architects and collaborate cross-organizationally with FireOS, Prime Video, Alexa, & more.
You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or 5+ year relevant work experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Ability to learn and adapt to new, complex development environments
- Analytical and creative design skills
- Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods
- Passionate about building and improving new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Knowledge of Android OS and Linux systems
- Knowledge of large-scale distributed systems and cloud-scale hardware
Pay range for this position in Colorado is $143,700-$194,000 yr; Base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.