Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Learn more about our benefits here.
We are seeking a Software Engineer
to join our Web Application group within the Information Technology Services business unit. This position is open in our offices located in Princeton, NJ; Cambridge, MA; Washington, DC; Ann Arbor, MI; Chicago, IL; Oakland, CA; Seattle, WA; or working full-time remotely.
We are open to candidates with at least three years of experience.
At Mathematica, we take pride in our commitment to diversity. Building an inclusive culture that draws on the individual strengths of employees from different ethnic backgrounds, cultures, lifestyles, abilities, and experience is key to our success.In This Role, You Will
- Build internal/external web applications, workflows, integrations, and automation
- Build new applications and infrastructure within Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Build new applications and infrastructure within SharePoint Online (SPO)
- Perform SPO administration activities such as site provisioning, permissions management, list, library and web part configuration and other system administration tasks
- Create data presentation-layers in the form of interactive dashboards and reports
- Work with project teams and end users to understand requirements for web-based products
- Document, maintain, and support application functionality
- Work both independently and on a team
- Be self-driven to learn, push new ideas, and teach others
- Gain on-the-job training in full stack software development skills through internal courses and external coding resources.
You have experience with or interest in some of the following skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other relevant field or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of professional experience as a Software Developer or similar role
- A deep understanding of how web applications are built and work
- Experience with, or at least an interest in, developing in the cloud with Amazon Web Services (AWS) tools including Docker, Fargate, Cloudformation, CodePipeline, CodeBuild, Lambda, EC2, DynamoDB, etc.
- Familiarity with Relational Databases, SQL/NoSQL data modelling, and RESTful API standards
- Experience with SharePoint Online, M365, Power Automate, Power Apps and Power BI
- Professional experience and understanding of .NET / ASP.NET web frameworks
- Experience in creating Architectural Diagrams
- Working knowledge of Atlassian products: Jira and Confluence a plus
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of $70,000 - $100,000. This position may be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance. As a federal government contractor, all staff working in our central ITS group with access to corporate computer systems are required to successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of employment.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042 and its implementing guidelines, all Mathematica employees must provide documentation that they have been fully vaccinated or obtain an accommodation through Human Resources by providing documentation from a licensed health care provider that they are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 because of a disability (which would include medical conditions) or provide an attestation that they are entitled to an accommodation because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
To apply, please submit resume, location preference, and salary expectations.
Available Locations: Princeton, NJ; Cambridge, MA; Washington, DC; Ann Arbor, MI; Chicago, IL; Oakland, CA; Seattle, WA; Remote
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.