Come join a team that is highly motivated, self-driven, and passionate about security engineering!
You will have the opportunity to help build and mature our cyber defense engineering service across the globe and in the cloud.
Information Security and Risk is looking for an Senior Info Security Engineer to assist the Retirement and Income Solutions (RIS) Security Team. Retirement and Income Solutions has many distinct business units each with unique products, services, vendors, customers and regulators. The RIS Information Security staff serves as a liaison between these businesses and the Corporate Information Security team.
This role will report to the RIS Business Information Security Officer.
The RIS Security Team is a fast-paced team combating real-world problems. This includes exposure to all aspects of security (ex. incident management, customer security inquiries, regulations, audit, access control, data loss prevention, secure software, and more).You'll have the opportunity to:
Touchpoint specific interactions may include:
- Design and develop security architectures for cloud and cloud/hybrid based systems.
- Develop secure solutions working with new technology and assist in the development of security blueprints and patterns by applying best practice concepts.
- Represent security while engaging with other technical teams and leaders throughout organization in design and implementation of secure solutions.
- Architecture Risk Analysis– Consult on technical or complex security concepts
- Present to customers on our approach to protecting their information and assets.
- Mentor and coach team members to build their security acumen.
- Analyze business impact and exposure based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities, risks and help to adjust overall security strategy accordingly.
- Lead initiatives designed to share knowledge across security and technology teams.
- Research and maintain proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, trends in vulnerabilities, and other security topics.
Additional preferred technical experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a science, technology, engineering, or math related field or equivalent work experience.
- 6+ years of IT experience. Relevant security consulting or industry experience preferred.
- Results oriented, multi-disciplined, and experienced in designing and reviewing security solutions for critical business applications.
- Strong influence and presentations skills are necessary to be successful in this role.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to interact with internal and external partners, customers, regulators, suppliers, and management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to partner with other teams across RIS to find opportunities, understand threats, and assess risk.
Salary Range Information
- CISSP/CISM/CCSP certifications or equivalent preferred.
- Understanding of cyber security concepts and the ability to design and execute appropriate solutions.
- Experience with the broad set of technologies that are incorporate into full stack security solutions including platforms, databases, web servers, applications, networks, etc.
- Experience in identity federation and with multi-factor authentication technologies in a hybrid enterprise environment with SaaS, PaaS, IaaS and on-premises IT assets.
- Experience with identity and access management (IAM), account provisioning, virtual directory, role-based and attribute-based access control etc.
- Background in application development with an understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Understanding of DevOps concepts and including CI/CD.
- Prior experience integrated with security tooling including SAST, SCA, and CASB.
- Experience in system architecture/design skills.
- Experience securing cloud applications. AWS certifications focused on security and architecture preferred.
- Experience in applying policies and procedure in crafting security controls.
- Strong familiarity with NIST CSF, NIST 800-53, OWASP Top 10, and OWASP ASVS.
Salary ranges below reflect targeted base salaries. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation for all roles will be based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer. Salary Range
$116000 - $179000 / yearAdditional Information
This position may require on-call responsibilities.Work Environments
This role offers the ability for in-office, hybrid (blending both office and remote work in a typical workweek), and remote work arrangements. You’ll work with your leader to determine which option may align best based on several factors.Job level
We’ll consider talent at the next level with the right experiences and skills.Work Authorization/Sponsorship
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship (additional work authorization or permanent work authorization) now or in the future to work in the United States? This includes, but IS NOT LIMITED TO: F1-OPT, F1-CPT, H-1B, TN, L-1, J-1, etc. For additional information around work authorization needs please use the following links.
https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states/temporary-nonimmigrant-workers and https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-eligibility/green-card-for-employment-based-immigrants I nvestment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.Experience Principal
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees – individually and all of us together. Explore our core values , benefits and why we’re an exceptional place to grow your career.Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
LinkedIn Remote Hashtag