At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.Northrop Grumman Chandler, Arizona is seeking a Staff Electrical Engineer (RF Group) to join our team.
- Develop launch vehicle RF communication systems from proposal phase through design, procurement, test, integration and flight operations.
- RF system architecture design.
- Responsible for block level architecture of RF communication systems: Telemetry, Range Tracking, GPS, SATCOMM, vehicle to vehicle.
- Ownership of the link margin requirements and simulation for launch vehicle comm systems.
- Understanding of G/T calculations for receiving assets.
- Understanding of standard telemetry modulation schemes (PCM-FM, QPSK, QAM), L-Band through Ku-Band.
- GPS C/A, P(Y) code system modeling experience and troubleshooting - understanding of receiver acquisition and tracking C/No.
- Responsible for intermodulation distortion analysis, interference analysis, and radiated hazards analysis for launch vehicle comm systems.
- RF System Test experience - transmitters, receivers, antennas, microwave passive devices. Experience using network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, signal generators, noise sources, and RF power meters.
- Understands vibration, acceleration, mechanical shock, thermal, thermal vacuum requirements for device qualification and acceptance testing.
- RF device procurement experience: source control drawing development, Statement of Work creation and supplier management.
- Responsible for written documentation technical analyses to meet internal and external requirements.
- Software/Application Experience
- Python, MATLAB
- System Tool Kit (STK), CST Microwave Studio (or similar full wave EM solvers)
- Radar Cross Section (RCS): modeling, simulation (Xpatch or other asymptotic/full wave solver) and/or RCS measurement of vehicle objects
- Agile tools training - JIRA/bitbucket experience
- Antenna pattern modeling/simulation (CST/HFSS or equivalent) and anechoic chamber radiated pattern testing.
- ADS microwave circuit modeling experience
- EMI/EMC/Electromagnetic Environments (lightning, radiation, pulse) test or modeling experience.
14 Years Experience with RF Electrical Engineering with BS; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhDSalary Range:
$134,700 USD - $202,100 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority
. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.