About this role:
The Enterprise Functions Technology (EFT) group provides technology solutions and support for Risk, Audit, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Corporate Properties, and Stakeholder Relations business lines. In addition, EFT provides unique technology solutions and innovation for Wells Fargo Technology, Enterprise Shared Services, and Enterprise Data Management. This combined portfolio of applications and tools are continually engineered to meet the challenges of stability, security, scalability, and speed.
Compliance, Legal, Audit & Regulatory Technology (CLAR) provides technology support and development for Legal & Data Controls, Compliance Risk & Audit, Financial Crimes, Front Office and Second Line Risk, Employee Compliance, Regulator Regulations, Market Surveillance, and Regulator Change Management.
Internal Audit Technology has embarked on an ambitious Risk Transformation program and as part of that, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will be part of the Application Support development team. In this role the candidate would design and implementation solutions to support our clients. Technology toolkit involves RDBMS tools (SQL Server, Oracle), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and RESTful or SOAP web services. The candidate will work closely with internal teams in support of the suite of Internal Audit applications and participate in the mitigation of identified risk items. In this role, you will:
Required Qualifications: General:
- Involved with complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact.
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large-scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Align to development standards and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, working with technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, technology team, and external industry groups to participate in resolving complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Works closely with peer developers to ensure requirements and functional designs are translated accurately into working technology that meet the customer needs.
- Work with developers and business partners to understand application defects, performance problems and data anomalies.
- Support remediation of vulnerabilities, end of life, patching or upgrade within the various environments.
- 7+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 7+ years of experience analyzing requirements and designing new solutions for application and database components
- 5+ years of C# experience
- 5+ years of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) experience
- 5+ years of experience working with Relationship Database Management Systems (RDBMS) such as SQL Server or Oracle
- 1+ years of Source Code Repositories like GIT
- 2+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
- 1+ years of JIRA
- 1+ years working with and implementing Agile based delivery
- 1+ years of development experience utilizing Java
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good problem solving and technical troubleshooting capabilities
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Experience identifying key issues, involve affected parties, design solutions, obtain buy-in, and communicate effectively through resolution
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to be flexible and adjust plans quickly to meet changing business needs
$100,800.00 - $179,200.00 Annual Benefits
We Value Diversity
- Information about Wells Fargo's employee benefits
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.