At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking an experienced Associate Software Engineer (Level 2)
to join our ecosystem development team. The ecosystem team is focused on developer experience and driving the latest technologies into the development environment to enable faster deployment of software products. This position requires a deep understanding of compilers, establishing hermetic builds, continuous test/integration/deployment, unit testing, requirement testing, artifact management, and configuration management. As part of the ecosystem team, you will work to establish the development and test environment utilized across certifiable software at The Boeing Company.
This position requires the candidate to have a full-stack mindset and be involved in continuous improvement of the software development environment and tools utilizedPosition Responsibilities:
This position has been identified as a virtual opportunity and does not require applicants to live in Mesa, Arizona. The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes , lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee. Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Develops, documents and maintains DevSecOps implementation for the team
- Execute/assist in trade studies for tool selections across The Boeing Company
- Configure and customize tools to enable automation
- Establish orchestration and pipelines for continuous integration and deployment of software products
- Creates and organizes a well-defined, estimated and prioritized set of initiatives, epics and stories to maintain a robust backlog for time-phasing and planning
- Participates in daily scrums, using agile practices, to communicate clearly and openly on incremental progress and to inform the team of any help needed on impediments and roadblocks and suggest timely remedies for common ailments during retrospections
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or other technical degree
- 1+ years of experience with python programming
- 1+ years of linux operating systems
- Experience with C++, C, C#
- Real-time software development experience
- Experience with modern processor architectures
- Participation in total software development lifecycle
- Experience with UNIX systems
- Development of Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD) pipelines
- Experience creating hermetic builds
- Configuration management of diverse systems
- Safety-Critical / FAA software certification experience
- Experience with Product-Line Engineering
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Experience with open source projects
- Member of an Agile development team
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.Relocation:
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.Shift:
This position is for 1st shift.This is for candidates that are only based in Colorado.
"At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $75,000 - $105,000Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.