Software Test Engineer
Salary $75K to $95K will depend on experience, plus benefits
Location: Melbourne, FL
Once trained can work Hybrid but need to live close to Melbourne, FL
Candidates must be a citizen of the United States.
Candidates must be located within commuting distance of Melbourne, FL.
The Test Engineer position is a full-time exempt position responsible for assessing software functionality and developing test cases and procedures to ensure software operation. The Test Engineer position is also responsible for the execution of test procedures, both automated and manual, generating automated test procedures in one or more relevant languages, updating, maintaining, and managing the CI/CD pipeline from test into production. The Test Engineer will be expected to participate in planning activities and convey accurate and timely status information to other team members and management.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Authoring test cases based on software functionality, high-level requirements, use cases, etc.
- Develop manual and automated test procedures
- Execute test procedures, collect, and report results
- Analyze and troubleshoot automated test procedures, test equipment, and software under test
- Report bugs found, troubleshooting steps taken (if any), and steps to reproduce
- Manage CI/CD pipeline from development to production
- Create, track, and merge software feature, bug, and other branches
- Ensure testing activities align with and follow the AS9100 QMS
- Document all aspects of test and test process
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in STEM, or related field
- 3+ years of software testing experience
- 2+ years’ experience working in Agile Scrum framework
- 2+ years’ experience using and/or administrating Atlassian tools Confluence and Jira
- Experience working with Unix/Linux shell, and shell scripts
- Experience with a computing language (C/C++, C#, Python, or another modern computer language)
- Experience with at least one CI/CD tool like Bamboo or Jenkins
- Experience with cloud deployment environments (AWS, Azure, Google cloud, etc.)
- Experience with test driven development
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR LICENSING:
ISTQB Foundation Level or better (or similar) is preferred but not required.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to respond to emails.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Understand basic technical terminology.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS AND REASONING ABILITY:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- General troubleshooting skills, interpreting schematics and diagrams.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have:
- Experience with at least one test automation tool and/or test suite such as TestStand, TestComplete, or other
- Experience with and competency in MS Office suite products
- Experience with Windows and at least one Linux distribution
- Sound knowledge of software configuration management and software development life cycle
- Experience with design, management, and maintenance tools to automate configuration processes using CM tools, techniques, libraries, and CM products
- Experience with GIT, Bitbucket, Bamboo (or Jenkins), Jira, Confluence
- Familiarity with automation tools, scripts, and languages
- Familiarity with software testing tools
- Familiarity with containers and virtual machines.
Benefits package that includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- PTO/Company Holidays/Vacation
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Bereavement Leave