We are seeking a Data Engineer t o join our team and partner with Principal's global marketers to deliver enterprise-wide marketing dat a solutions. Our team enable s the enterprise to get the most out of our marketing technology investments, including Google Analytics , Salesforce Marketing Cloud , Medallia , our Customer Data Platform and more . We integrate our technology stack with other enterprise solutions to connect data and de liver a cohesive customer experience across interaction channels like web, mobile, call , chat and email . We need someone who can help our team deliver this exciting work!
We work on all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle and consider ourselves full stack engineers. This can cover discovery, design, dev, testing, CI/CD, and monitoring. Our team collaborates throughout the workday and we flex between mob, pair and solo approaches to meet the needs of the work effort. Here are few examples of the kinds of things you’ll do:
- Enable marketers from around the enterprise to effectively reach out and connect with current and future customers.
- Work in a dynamic, cross-functional team of smart, upbeat individuals who demonstrate a start-up approach. Our work is challenging and fulfilling, and we are proud to share our products.
- Be part of a team of resilient change-makers who continuously seek improvement through cloud solutions, DevOps, open-source solutions, automation and much more.
- Understand complex technical concepts and translate them into solutions that are understandable and engaging.
- Leverage data to produce personalized experiences relevant to customers.
- Enable foundational marketing technology solutions that use data to make effective marketing possible.
Additional preferred technical experience:
- Bachelor's degree plus 6+ years related work experience or a Master's in related field plus 2+ years related work experience
- Plus 6 + years of technology experience
- Experience building processes to support data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- AWS Cloud platform experience including AWS Cloud Services (S3, Glue, Athena, etc.) preferred, but open to other cloud platform experience (GCP, Heroku, etc.)
Salary Range Information
- Familiarity with configuration of vendor platforms (Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Medallia, Sprinklr, Salesforce CRM, Google Analytics, Customer Data Platforms, etc.)
- Integration with data warehouses to generate marketing insights
- Advanced working SQL knowledge, including experience working with query authoring and a familiarity of a variety of databases
- Analytic skills relating to data pipelines, technical design, and data sets.
- Mentoring, teaching, and growing skill sets of others
- Experienced with API calls and system integrations
Salary ranges below reflect targeted base salaries. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation for all roles will be based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer. Salary Range
$87550 - $172800 / yearAdditional Information
We’ll consider talent at the next level with the right experiences and skills. Location
Remote candidates will be considered for this position.How We Hire
Once you apply, your application is hand reviewed by our talent team. Generally within a few weeks, the team makes interview selection decisions and communicates those via email. If selected, you’ll receive an email from Principal Talent Team to complete a pre-recorded interview on your own time. Be sure to check your email frequently and follow the steps shared to submit timely.
Learn more about our hiring steps and find answers to frequently asked questions. Work Authorization/Sponsorship
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes, but is not limited to students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.) Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.Experience Principal
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees – individually and all of us together. Explore our core values , benefits and why we’re an exceptional place to grow your career. Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
LinkedIn Remote Hashtag