Job Title: Cloud Operations
Job Location: New York, NY
- Our client is seeking a candidate with infrastructure operations experience to implement and support our Public and Private Cloud-based solutions.
- The candidate should have strong technical, functional and analytical skills with experience in automating and supporting critical infrastructure in AWS.
- In this role, you will be performing or automating administrative and operational tasks based on requests or issues identified by the operations team or the user base.
- The Cloud Ops team will work with our internal partners to progress the Cloud Transformation program, enabling IT business teams to automate application deployments and modernize some or all components of their apps to reduce dependency on legacy infrastructure.
- This role requires proficient communication, as well as creative use of available tools to efficiently produce solutions in the cloud technology space.
- Work as part of the Global Cloud Operations team providing 24x7 support to the user community according to the Follow the Sun Support (FTSS) model, which includes an on-call rotation and potential weekend work as needed
- Deliver Public and Private Cloud projects in coordination with the Cloud Engineering team
- Effectively develop and maintain robust scripts, tools and templates to automate common tasks and resolve technical problems using agile development methods
- Optimize existing cloud systems, and evolve them by pursuing measured changes that improve reliability and stability while maintaining deployment velocity
- Act with a sense of urgency when issues arise, engaging relevant parties to assist with troubleshooting and investigating of problems until a resolution is reached
- Work in hybrid environment with applications being hosted internally and on cloud platforms (AWS)
- Work collaboratively and effectively with peers, management, and leadership teams.
- 5 or more years of hands on experience with Rancher, managing Kubernetes cluster.
- 5 or more years of hands on experience in deploying resources on Kubernetes cluster, worked on On-Prem Kubernetes integration with development tool chain like Gitlab, Flux. Etc.
- 5 or more years of hands on experience in configuring, provisioning and maintaining resources in Terraform Enterprise.
- 5 or more years of hands on experience with automation technologies to build, deploy, and integrate infrastructure and applications (e.g., Hashicorp Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Ansible, etc)
- Proficiency in Cloud automation technologies, writing scripts in Python/Bash to interact with Cloud Provider APIs.
- Experience working with data logging and visualization tools like Prometheus, Grafana, ELK, any knowledge of Loki and Cortex will also be preferred.
- 5 or more years of hands on experience working with EKS (alternately Docker, ECS)
- 5 or more years of infrastructure operations experience in cloud-based environment (AWS, Azure)
- 5 or more years of administration and support of production Linux / Windows / Cloud systems, including troubleshooting and triage of business impacting incidents.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience with code repos (Git), project tracking (Jira) and ITIL Ticketing ( ServiceNow) systems, GitOps Framework, Hashicorp Vault
- Strong understanding of SSO, LDAP, TCP/IP
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging technical environment, with the aim of producing meaningful results for the business.
- Track record of interest and understanding of current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience, and/or industry activities.
- Ability to foster and maintain both a positive team culture and client centric environment.
- Personal integrity, professionalism surrounding confidential matters, and an appropriate level of judgement as it relates to the Financial Services industry.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $145,000.00 - $155,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- virtualization and good experience with VMware technology: 5 years (Required)
- Scripting and source control (Python, Bash, PowerShell): 5 years (Required)
- Ansible automation and experience of writing playbooks: 5 years (Required)
- Linux operating system (preferably Redhat 7.x and above): 5 years (Required)
Work Location: One location