Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote roles. Remote location: United States.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years of experience with haptics
- 2 years of experience working with consumer electronic products
- Product research experience, in an end-to-end or usability setting
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering or a relevant field (e.g., Electrical Engineering, Physics, etc.)
- Experience in haptics including machine, research and development, and computer or human haptics
- Experience in microelectronics design, electrical design, and firmware development
- Experience using innovative technologies for consumer electronics products
- Ability to parse complex systems into discrete objectives, and communicate complex concepts at the component and system level
The Haptics team in Android Input Research is looking for a Product Design Engineer with a passion for haptics. You will be joining the UX team to conduct research on haptic subsystems in Pixel and other consumer products. You'll serve as a resource to cross-functional teams on all things related to the mechanical and electrical aspects of haptics subsystems. In this role, you will work across all phases of product development including product design, new technology introductions, troubleshooting, research, and execution.
Android is Google’s open-source mobile operating system powering more than 3 billion devices worldwide. Android is about bringing computing to everyone in the world. We believe computing is a super power for good, enabling access to information, economic opportunity, productivity, connectivity between friends and family and more. We think everyone in the world should have access to the best computing has to offer. We provide the platform for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and developers to build compelling computing devices (smartphones, tablets, TVs, wearables, etc) that run the best apps/services for everyone in the world.
(Colorado only*) Minimum Salary of $152,000 - $163,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
- Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation range for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Design and conceptualize product components and subsystems for Pixel haptics, and develop advanced control algorithms for haptic subsystems.
- Propose and test innovative solutions to problems arising from haptic subsystems.
- Identify new opportunities for high-impact research and execute on them and participate in product discussions, design reviews, and strategic research planning.
- Partner closely with PM, TPM, UX team, Designers, Software, and Hardware teams to drive product definition and ensure product excellence.
- Form effective cross-functional relationships and communicate product requirements clearly to deliver premium haptics experiences.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.