Job Summary And Opportunity
Axos is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join a lean team that supports the our entire networking environment to m anage both new capabilities and the day-to-day, 24x7 production support of the network (core, distribution, wired & wireless access layers, WAN, and network security). This position will report on-site at our HQ in San Diego, CA or other locations (Las Vegas, Omaha, Los Angeles, Denver) OR remote depending upon your location.
The targeted compensation is $110,000-120,000/Yr, commensurate with your skills and experience. This role is eligible for a bonus, based on your individual performance. Axos offers full benefits that includes 3 weeks’ vacation accrual, paid sick leave, along with the NYSE observed holidays.Responsibilities
- Manage both new capabilities and the day-to-day, 24x7 production support of the network (core, distribution, wired & wireless access layers, WAN, and network security)
- Ensure the policies, standards, and standard operating procedures for how-to documents are developed and utilized
- Responsible for overall design, configuration, implementation and support of the local and wide area networks at Axos
- Assist in the design and development of network implementations
- Participate in disaster recovery planning, development, exercises and actual events
- Evaluate and test software changes and updates supplied by vendors, prior to installation
- Work with vendors, application developers, database administrators, corporate IT, and other technology groups to resolve any problems
- Conduct routine hardware and software audits of all supported systems to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, procedures, and requirements
- Document network deployment and maintain up-to-date network diagrams
- Troubleshoot and manage calls/tickets from the technical services group and assist with network administration
- Help provide technical direction to the company in the LAN/WAN environment and provide project management or assistance for network-related initiatives
- Provide analysis of network configuration and related documentation. Monitor systems for network alerts and events so quick response can be provided and issues can be pro-actively addressed
- Plan, install, and setup physical and virtual servers to meet application, security, and regulatory requirements
- Document production systems for security, capacity, and usage
- Maintain existing servers and clients using available administration tools
- Monitor servers and their usage and capacity to minimize problems and outages
- Maintain the process involved in administration, maintenance, security, backup, and recovery
- Work to expand security knowledge of banking and work-group software and to maintain current in network, mainframe, client server, and internet/intranet platforms
- Review Cloud technologies for Infrastructure solution alternatives
- Ensure that deliverables are produced within the planned budget and time-frame
- Analysis, testing, documentation, implementation and support of global data technologies
- Participate in office relocations, expansions, and other infrastructure changes
- 5+ years' managing Cisco networking equipment in an enterprise-level environment
- Strong technical engineering knowledge in routing/switching, wireless, and security
- Working knowledge of Cisco and Palo Alto firewalls and security
- Proficient in Project Management, IT Service Management, and IT Engineering Lifecycle methodologies and practices
APPLY DIRECTLY FOR CONSIDERATION
Born digital, Axos Bank TM has reinvented the banking model and grown to over $15 billion in assets since our founding in 2000. With a broad and ever-growing range of financial products, Axos Bank is rated among the top 5 digital banks in the country! Axos Financial is our holding company and publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "AX" (NYSE: AX).
We bring together human insight and digital expertise to anticipate the needs of our customers. Our team members are innovative, technologically sophisticated, and motivated to achieve.
Learn more about working here!
The targeted compensation is up to $110k year, commensurate with your skills and experience. This role is eligible for a bonus, based on your individual performance. Axos offers full benefits that includes 3 weeks’ vacation accrual, paid sick leave, along with the NYSE observed holidays.Pre-Employment Drug Test
All offers are contingent upon the candidate successfully passing a credit check, criminal background check, and pre-employment drug screening, which includes screening for marijuana. Axos Bank is a federally regulated banking institution. At the federal level, marijuana is an illegal schedule 1 drug; therefore, we will not employ any person who tests positive for marijuana, regardless of state legalization.Equal Employment Opportunity
Axos Bank is an E qual O pportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex (including pregnancy, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military and veteran status, marital status, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, physical disability, mental disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.Job Functions And Work Environment
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to sit for extended periods of time. Manual dexterity and coordination are required while operating standard office equipment such as computer keyboard and mouse, calculator, telephone, copiers, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.