The Human Resources and Payroll Manager/Administrator will develop and run the daily HR functions for a for a growing, multi-state group of medical/adult-use cannabis testing companies. This is a unique opportunity to be part of an exciting industry and to develop the department from the ground up. Currently, we have 60+ employees and anticipate continued rapid growth.
The right candidate will be comfortable working in a fluid environment with frequently changing priorities and evolving cannabis regulations.
The Human Resources and Payroll Manager/Administrator will work from our corporate headquarters in Boca Raton, FL and will be required to periodically travel to the company's various locations as needed. Those locations currently include Bethlehem, PA, Westminster, MD, East Hanover, NJ and Orlando, FL.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs such as compensation, benefits administration, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Administers payroll processing ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; develops policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Develops and implements formal disciplinary procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Develops and implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and support the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proficient in HR payroll systems
- Extensive knowledge of compensation and benefits packages, policies and legislations preferably in MD, PA, NJ and FL
- Experienced in MS Office
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and management skills
Education and Experience Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in a human resources related field or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years’ experience working in human resources role
- 2 or more years' of payroll processing experience
- Experience with any PEO is a plus
- SHRM or other related certification is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $70,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Boca Raton, FL 33487: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Human resources: 5 years (Preferred)
- Payroll: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location