Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo?
If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte’s Information Technology Services (ITS). We are insatiably curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you’ll do
- Guide the direction, operations, and maintenance for SAP S / 4 Assets Lifecycle Management (ALM) Global support, including but not limited to the SAP S / 4 ALM functionality of asset acquisition, intercompany asset transfers, intracompany asset transfers, asset retirement, asset impairment, asset depreciation and the management of Leased Assets with associated integration to external applications.
- Lead and oversee all software development and enhancement projects and support for SAP S / 4 ALM process thread.
- Execute complex build activities, integrate designs across multiple technologies and projects.
- Design and manage a complex system testing environment. Confirm supportability of implementation plans.
- Assist client with configuration design decisions. Participate in client meetings on subject matter expertise as appropriate.
- Monitor compliance to standardized procedures and best practices and create new policies and processes as needed.
- Oversee complex decisions and make recommendations to customers / clients.
- Provide leadership with regular status updates and potential issues.
- Go-to person for any issues or items around Assets Lifecycle Management. Lead deployment discussions and activities.
- Work with offshore Technical Delivery Manager(s) to optimize the development resource model.
- Manage daily progress and status of deliverables on projects.
- Manage both internal teams and offshore vendor teams’ project delivery, plans, and ensure proper staffing.
- Responsible for defining and directing tasks of Specialists and development teams.
- Ensure that all project resources are focused on the effort they are aligned to.
- Promote effective teamwork and spirit of partnership.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte’s success. ITS is the engine that drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world’s largest, most respected organizations.
We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market.
Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The 2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services including :
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and applications development team responsible for delivering leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals.
Their broad portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools which empower our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more, anywhere, anytime.
DAS enables our client service professionals through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics, and innovative custom development.
- Advanced MS Office skills; advanced proficiency in software development lifecycle methodologies (i.e. Waterfall, Agile, Kanban) and architecture and technical design of enterprise solutions, extensive functional / technical implementation experience with SAP / S4 FICO products / functionality;
- advanced configuration and design skills; working knowledge and significant experience in defining systems strategy, developing systems requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures, and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines;
- adept at implementing of software change management processes and governance; technology-enabled business solutions and customer interactions;
experience in leading teams in virtual environments on complex projects; superior problem solving skills; strong written, leadership discussion and public speaking skills.
Subject matter expertise areas include :
- Configuration and implementation of the structures and key functionalities of the S / 4 HANA Asset Accounting module including Organization structures, Asset valuations ( both General and Special), Depreciation and the Integration with General Ledger Accounting;
- Configuration and implementation of the Leased Assets Management Module;
- Configuration and implementation of the Assets Migration process;
- Assets Period-end and year-end activities;
- SAP Project Systems module;
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent educational or professional experience and / or qualifications relating to Finance and accounting.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of in-depth experience in SAP, solutions design, and delivery of enterprise level solutions is required and of development / configuration in SAP areas such as Asset Accounting, Lease Accounting is required.
Additionally, experience in full life-cycle SAP implementation and development methodologies, agile project delivery is preferred.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of deep experience in Finance and Accounting.
- Expert level understanding and working knowledge of full life-cycle implementation and production support of S4 HANA Asset Accounting and integration with other sub-modules within FI.
- Expert level understanding of Data Conversion requirements within S4 HANA Asset Accounting module.
- Expert level understanding of asset transactions including simple asset acquisition and more complex scenarios such as intercompany asset transfers, intracompany asset transfers, asset retirement, asset impairment, asset depreciation etc.
within S4 HANA Asset Accounting.
- A deep understanding and working knowledge of handling all requirements relating to period end and year-end activities in Asset Accounting within S4 HANA Asset Accounting.
- A good understanding of new Depreciation engine within S4 HANA Asset Accounting.
- Working knowledge and expertise in handling all SAP PS related configurations and enhancement relating to Capital Expenditure Projects.
- Demonstrated experience in handling all S4 HANA configurations and enhancements relating to Capital Expenditure interest calculation.
- A good understanding of SAP Lease Accounting with expertise in configuration, listing and integration with S4 HANA Asset Accounting.
- A deep understanding of S4 HANA Lease Accounting including FICO configurations skill set, being able to conduct business requirement workshops around Lease Accounting requirement and creating workshop materials.
- A deep understanding of the Leased Asset Management lifecycle starting from procurement, management and the return of leased assets.
- A good understanding of Leased Asset billing process which includes paying the lease rent and other charges levied on the leased asset.
- Ability to train others in the strategic, tactical, and end-user functions of Fixed Asset accounting
- Preferred to be SAP Certified.
- Demonstrated experience working with business application owners and development teams to document and clarify business and user requirements and manage the scope of defined features and functions during the project lifecycle.
- Proven expertise in managing the delivery of mid to large web / enterprise applications needed.
- Ability to adjust communications to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Must have strong analytical abilities and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated Experience in implementing quality guidelines, standards and procedures, working with ITIL standards for production support and working directly with clients and providing consultation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in dealing with multiple projects and cross-functional teams, and ability to coordinate across teams in a large matrix organization environment.
- Be comfortable working in the Offshore / Onsite model with high level coordination.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets;
At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
A reasonable estimate of the current range is $95,000 to $160,000.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program, whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
Last updated : 2022-06-21