- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
BS in Computer Science, or equivalent professional or miltiary experience in data structures, algorithms, design and systems architecture.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience with an object oriented language (Java, C#, C++, python or other) or functional programming language (Lisp, Clojure, Haskell, F# or other)
- 2+ years working on large-scale big data problems at scale supporting millions of customers
- 2+ years working with continuous integration and continuous delivery software build pipelines
- 2+ years with test-driven development
- 2+ years supporting applications in a production environment
- 1+ years with AWS services such as ECS, EC2, Lambda, CloudWatch, and DynamoDB.
Job summary Many of our customers want to reduce their carbon footprint. The Alexa Smart Energy team is bringing to market new Alexa-enabled products and services that help customers track their home appliance power consumption and identify opportunities for reducing their carbon footprint. Our team strives to meaningfully increase adoption of energy efficient devices to help customers and utilities decrease energy consumption and their carbon footprint impacts. We are looking for passionate and talented engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical scalable services. In this role you will lead and design the development of scalable services to enable customers to seamlessly connect their smart home devices into the Alexa ecosystem. This is a rapidly evolving space and we are looking for engineers who are comfortable working across design, product and tech to deliver best in class, re-usable, and scalable UI solutions to our customers. We have a team full of exceptional engineers, great work-life balance, and a collaborative team culture. You will also have the satisfaction of working on a product your friends and family can relate to, and want to use every day. Like the world of smart phones less than 10 years ago, this is a rare opportunity to have a giant impact on the way people live. If this sounds like fun, let's talk!
- 3+ years professional experience building and operating scalable distributed systems across the lifecycle including design, implementation, testing, operations, and maintenance is preferred.
- Experience with defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces is a plus.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $143,700 - $194,400, however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.