Software Engineer Sr
Software Engineer Sr
Hill Afb, US
Posted 18 weeks ago
About the Job
Salary - $100000 - $150000/Year
Date posted: Jul. 21, 2022
Locations: Hill Air Force Base, Utah
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:Our products play an important role in the national security of the United States and more than 70 other countries, ensuring peace and stability around the world. Highly trained and specialized personnel and facilities are key to the company's unrivaled success in the aeronautics industry. Our workforce of more than 30,000 has pre-eminent expertise in advanced aircraft design and production, modification and support, stealth technology and systems integration.
Join the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Field Sustainment team at our Hill Air Force Base, Utah facility. Responsibilities include:
- Assist the Ogden Air Logistics Center (ALC) with the software development and maintenance for F-16 Operational Flight Program (OFP) Common Modular Environment (COMET) avionics Integrated Test Stands (ITS) and OFP testing software tools in the Avionics Integration Support Facility (AISF).
- Design, develop, document, test, debug, and maintain software used to test OFPs on ITS and in a virtual environment.
- This position requires an Interim Secret Security Clearance prior to starting and be able to obtain a Final Secret Security Clearance. Must be a US Citizen.
The following Basic Qualifications are skills that a candidate must possess to be considered for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college
- Experience with at least two (2),of following skills: Unix/Linux System Services, C/C++ Software Development, Object-Oriented Design (OOD), Aircraft Weapons Systems knowledge, and Avionics Modeling / Aircraft Weapon Simulation modeling.
- Experience with Operating Systems such as Sun Solaris, Linux, VxWorks (VxSim), and Windows.
The following Desired Skills are not required but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from other candidates:
- COMET Automated Test Language (ATL), COMET Configuration Management (CM), and Inter-Range Instrumentation Group (IRIG) Chapter-10 Data Recording Standard.
- Experience with MIL-STD-1553 Multiplex bus protocol.
- F-16 aircraft avionics familiarity.
- GTK software development tools, Multi-threading, and Inter-Process Communication (IPC) knowledge.
- Familiarity with the 194 bus protocol.
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday off
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Software Engineering
Posted 18 weeks ago
Learn how to network, prepare visa interviews and sure shot strategies to kickstart your career in the USA.