Job Description Hybrid:
This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively.The employee's role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
Do you imagine a world of zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion? We do. We place our customers at the center of everything we do, and we are creating vehicles that move humanity to that goal. To reach this ambitious goal we need to create a modern vehicle computing platform that is capable to integrate all the advanced features like active safety, driving assistance systems, infotainment, connectivity, and vehicle motion. This new platform shall seamlessly connect in-vehicle computing controls with cloud and edge computing resources.
Join the Software Defined Vehicle
) organization today!
As a senior calibrations software engineer working in Infotainment, your primary focus will be the development of the software layer that manages and provides calibrations to the infotainment system. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential. Responsibilities:
Additional Job Description Qualifications:
- Responsible for the entire life-cycle of the assigned domain, including requirements, system design, development, deployment, and maintenance of the Infotainment software embedded in vehicle components.
- Provide vehicle configuration data to system applications to allow the Infotainment system to conform to multiple vehicle form factors and variants by coding best in class embedded software using C/C++, Java and Linux expertise.
- Work with GM business leads, engineering specialists, vendors and external organizations to identify, capture, and refine system requirements and identify innovation opportunities.
- Design, build, test and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable C++ and Java code.
- Create and maintain clear and complete design level documentation.
- Coordinate and participate in architecture, requirements, design, code and test case reviews.
- Work closely with others to support triage and resolution of defects.
- Develop and implement unit test cases and automated test scripts as appropriate to exercise functionality and ensure software requirements have been met.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related degree. Advanced degrees preferred.
- 2+ years experience with software development experience in automotive and/or portable consumer electronic devices in embedded domain.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Understanding of Google's Android design principles and interface guidelines and interest in benchmarking and optimization.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration, Test Driven Development /Behavior Driven Development.
- Experience in Software development (languages such as C, C++, Java) and deploying products in global markets.
- System-wide triage experience and Leading Agile software development processes.
- Demonstrated performance in a position requiring both high creativity and engineering technical excellence.
- 5+ years experience with software development experience in embedded domain.
- Strong knowledge of QNX and/or Real Time Operating Systems.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning, Vehicle Network protocols like CAN, I2C, UART and SPI.
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers.
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks.
- Prior embedded systems development experience, developing automotive infotainment solutions.
- Experience with mobile devices and integration of online services is highly desired.
- Experience with SCM tools, ClearCase, Subversion, GIT, JIRA.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all. Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team. Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities. Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.