Hybrid schedule - 80% Remote // Engineering leader, player coach, needed to set direction for all things Java for industry leading automotive manufacturer
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Alex Chernikow
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $145,000 - $200,000 per yearA bit about us:
We build the worlds most advanced and reliable diesel and electric semi-trucks, buses, marine engines, heavy construction equipment, and autonomous vehicle solutions. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport.
Global organization with more than 100,000 people based in 36 countries. The company is currently going through a huge IT transformation, agile transformation to the Spotify model, digital transformation, and full tech stack modernization (microservices, CI/CD, test automation, containerization, cloud).
Why join us?
- ~100,000 employees
- Publicly held and Founded in 1927
- HQ in Sweden
We allow our employees to take ownership, be creative, and get things done with minimal corporate bureaucracy. We have an amazing culture of work/life balance, rewarding achievements through employee recognition and promotions, and amazing office locations with plenty of remote work flexibility. We offer our employees outstanding benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage on day 1 of employment
- Generous 401k match and employer contribution that increases with tenure
- Generous PTO + 7 company paid holidays
- Swedish organizational culture with an emphasis on work life balance - we make sure you enjoy quality time away from work
- Remote work opportunities and flexible working hours
- Clear career path & extensive training and career development opportunities
We are looking for a Chapter Lead for all things Java at our company to be a technically skilled domain expert with the additional responsibility as line manager. You will contribute to common ways of working across the Java Engineering Chapter through methods and best practices according to standards, technologies, and trends. Your main responsibility will be to lead and manage a team of Java engineers at your location.
- Lead, develop and attract a team of talented Java engineers, supporting their personal growth and challenges on assignments
- Develop and execute the competence strategy for Java engineers within your team, meeting with chapter members to discuss and drive excellence in areas such as best practices, frameworks and tools
- Manage capacity planning, ensuring short and long-term competence and capacity of the Java software engineers
- Secure external input and best practice sharing in the community
- Secure agile ways of working
- Be involved in day-to-day working in delivery or product teams or contributing to an assignment
- Balance your time between line manager and team member
- 7+ years of experience as a practitioner (Software Engineer) and be a technical expert in the Java domain. That includes to be highly skilled in Java 8+, Java EE, and Spring Boot microservices
- Demonstrated leadership qualities to coach people or a few years experience of leading people
- Experience with various SQL and NoSQL databases such as Postgres and MongoDB along with JSON based APIs
- Knowledge of software design and software architecture and automated deployment processes (CI/CD) with Git, Maven, and Jenkins
- Experience with user authentication/authorization and integrations
- Experience with Azure cloud development with Docker and Kubernetes or OpenShift
- Promotor of regular Unit testing, Test-Driven Development, and utilization of tools like SonarQube
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.