Director of Business Development
ENC Construction and Development is looking for a director of business development to join our fast-growing team in Chicago, IL. This person will withhold long-term organizational strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Recommend new practices and develop new procedures to grow ENC.
- Cold call as appropriate within market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify and evaluate new markets and partnership opportunities through direct prospecting, networking, attendance and participation with various industry and professional groups and networking associations. Ensure strategic objectives of the market segments are well understood and executed by the pursuit team.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Identify and qualify potential opportunities for future market growth and work with the ENC team to prepare and implement strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrate and apply complete understanding of ENC (our values, personality, culture), our expertise, our portfolio and our objectives in order to build confidence and generate opportunities from prospective clientele.
- Deliver compelling calls and presentations to introduce ENC’s capabilities and value proposition and build top-mind awareness.
- Plan and prepare teams for prospecting and shortlist approaches and pitches.
- Develop, prepare, coordinate and execute presentations and proposals (written proposals, RFP responses and graphic presentations), with relevant staff participation, to existing or new clients.
- Work with pre-construction staff throughout the estimating process to ensure accurate bids and proposals are submitted in a timely manner to all clients.
- Develop unique ways to develop the ENC’s brand and achieve new business opportunities.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Established and actively maintained network in the Chicago industry
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Preference given to technical degrees such as architecture, engineering, construction and project management.
- 10-15 years of sales and/or business development experience within the Architecture/ Engineering/Construction and/or Construction Management industry.
- Experience with canvassing, cold calling and networking to meet goals within a territory.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills.
- Technically savvy with solid experience in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and Outlook. Past CRM experience preferred.
- Ability to set goals, objectives and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills: strong written and verbal communication
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards
- Able to multitask with a strong understanding of core manager duties
- Must be extremely organized, self-reliant, proactive, and detail-oriented
- Professional discretion, confidentiality and mature judgment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a passion for ensuring projects proceed efficiently and effectively
- Performance-based bonus programs
- 100% paid 6-week maternity/paternity leave
- Subject to benefit packages as applicable.
*Waiting period may apply*
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,600.00 - $140,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Covid Precautions are being taken
Work Location: One location