Job Title: Project Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Boerne, TX
About the Company:
M5 Utilities LLC is a large-scale underground utility construction contractor based in Boerne Texas. We perform all phases of commercial, residential, municipal, and heavy civil underground utilities as both a Prime Contractor or Subcontractor. M5 primarily services the south-central Texas, and hill country market however, we perform projects across the state for preferred clients.
We are looking for a talented result driven leader to drive continued growth and profitability. Our ideal candidate is someone who has a background in utilities, enjoys the fundamentals and succeeds in a fast-paced environment.
The Construction Project Manager will organize and oversee construction projects from start to finish.
- Manages a team of Assistant Project Managers to ensure project planning, permitting, material procurement, job-cost tracking, and other APM duties are being performed.
- Oversees Production Reports & Superintendents to ensure projects are completed on budget and to built to plan specifications.
- Delegate assignments to team members based on expertise, work experience, project schedules, and other project requirements.
- Manages and develops performance for Assistant Project Managers
- Leads an interdepartmental team to complete assigned projects on time, to specifications, and with accuracy and efficiency.
- Ensure accurate monthly Pay Applications are submitted for all assigned projects.
- Outlines the tasks involved in the project and delegates accordingly.
- Conducts job cost analysis, estimating expected costs for the project.
- Prepares and implements a budget based on awarded estimates.
- Conducts risk assessments; reports identified risks to management; provides recommendations for mitigation of risk (including termination of the project if appropriate).
- Addresses questions, concerns, and/or complaints throughout the project.
- Acts as a liaison between company, customers, and vendors or subcontractors.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local, industry, contractual, and company regulations, standards, specifications, and best practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures, material, and project management principles
- Experience with construction/ project management software and MS Office Suite
- Positive Attitude with Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, which may include Business, Engineering, or Building Science may be required.
- Minimum of 3 years General Contracting, Site Work, Underground Utility, or related experience.
- PMP, and/or comparable project management certifications highly desirable.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Project Management in utilities: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location