Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm) You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Primary Responsibilities:
- Supporting production stability through configuration, designing, and responding to monitoring tools
- Evaluating new features planned for deployment
- Troubleshooting issues
- Development / automation of new capabilities (usually aimed towards system reliability but also includes new application features)
- Will work in a DevOps team environment and are expected to work on both tactical and strategic assignments. Since the team is not fully modernized, there is still a fair amount of manual maintenance work. Candidates are expected to handle the manual work while figuring out how to automate it.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of IT software development lifecycle experience on for back-end, website, and web services
- 2+ years of experience in C# / .NET
- 2+ years of experience in MS SQL including relational table design and stored procedures
- 2+ years of IT infrastructure configuration/troubleshooting experience, primarily Microsoft Windows environments (hardware build experience not required)
- 2+ years as a critical go-to resource for monitoring high value applications in production and troubleshooting production issues, including on-call support and collaboration with both end users and engineers to determine root cause
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Azure
- Production deployment experience
- Performance testing experience
- Automated CICD development pipeline experience
- Knowledge/experience working with Jenkins, Git, Splunk, and Dynatrace
- Configuration as code experience
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) experience
- Database change automation experience
- Real-time automated metrics and reporting experience
- Health care industry experience, especially with insurance plans / benefits administration
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm) •All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy. Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.