The Financial Analyst will report to the Director of R&D Finance. The successful candidate will partner with cross functional teams including R&D, Marketing and the Portfolio Management office to drive and align on a winning R&D Portfolio that meets business objectives within resource and budget constraints. The ideal candidate will liaise with the Portfolio Management Team, R&D Finance team and the Finance Systems team to improve tools and processes used by the R&D finance team for multi-year R&D portfolio planning. The successful candidate will utilize strong business acumen, deep financial expertise and solid communication to become an effective partner to the Portfolio Management Office.
- Serve as a financial business partner for the Portfolio Management Office, building key relationships and supporting the achievement of the department's priorities and key objectives
- Create and align the KPI's, automated reports, and dashboards, in support of analytical portfolio insights and recommendations for the project portfolio.
- Business Process Owner to the R&D financial systems (i.e. Cognos TM1, Cognos BI, and SAP)
- Liaise with the finance systems team to develop new and enhance existing finance tools and reporting
- Assist in the development of the annual operating plan (budget) and manage monthly and quarterly forecast updates
- Assist in the development of the program investment long range strategic plan
- Analyze, synthesize and translate data into key strategic inputs and insights that will drive strategic decision making at the executive level
- Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- 7+ years total Finance experience, preferably in a high growth environment
- Proven ability to evaluate and solve complex problems and understand the strategic implications of different business approaches
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, able to establish strong rapport and partnerships at all levels of the organization
- Superb written communication and project management skills
- Commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting multiple goals or deadlines
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; Knowledge of Tableau, IBM Planning Analytics (Cognos TM1) a plus
- Self-directed and able to work well in a team environment
- Exhibits clear leadership potential
- Highly motivated with positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Passionate about the company mission
- Once both internal and external COVID restrictions are lifted, this person will be required to work on-site at least 1-2 times/week at our San Diego offices.
- All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $115,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location