Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
Posted 18 weeks ago
About the Job
Salary - $100000 - $150000/Year
Personalization team at Walmart is dedicated to the mission of knowing our customers better and making it frictionless and faster for them to get what they want while building a trusted partnership with Walmart. We help bring a seamless experience to our customers irrespective of how and where they engage with us – while shopping online or picking groceries at stores. We thrive to provide each customer with a journey tailored to their individual needs, preferences and routines. We operate at the intersection of huge Walmart assortment, millions of customers, thousands of stores and Walmart associates - a multi-layer multi-objective problem space which has a unique impact on Global customer base and powers assisted AI for our associates.
The Personalization team consists of big data geeks, application engineers, scientists and product visionaries all working together to design, prototype and build technology-driven products and experiences that will change the future landscape of e-commerce. We are focused on building an intelligent system that will enable 1:1 personalized customer experience, from finding the product to delivering it to the customer. We are building state-of-the-art probabilistic models and engineering marvels to serve our customer needs by leveraging cutting edge machine learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, natural language processing, entity-relationship extraction and knowledge representation. This will span many markets, business models and form factors; therefore, we are looking for scientists and engineers who will bring not only an abundance of experiences in technologies, but an abundant curiosity to innovate.
You’ll make an impact by:
• Build data-driven platforms and capabilities to power Personalization experiences across site, app, stores, voice commerce.
• Build systems and workflows to process and manage petabyte scales of features data.
• Collaborate with member of technical staff to deliver end-to-end scalable systems for crossfunctional projects.
• Work closely with business and product stakeholders to deliver on strategy, vision and roadmap for top initiatives in Personalization and Recommendations.
• Actively keep pace with new developing technologies in the data space and present technical solutions including architecture, design, implementation details, and customer and business impacting KPIs.
• Actively contribute to research community through participation at conferences, seminar and workshops.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
• You have experience in building large-scale distributed systems that process large volume of data focusing on scalability, latency, and fault-tolerance.
• You have knowledge of complex software design, distributed system design, design patterns, data structures and algorithms.
• You have experience in building systems that orchestrate and execute complex workflows in big-data leveraging Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, and Hadoop stack preferably in Google Cloud Platform.
• You have experience in evaluating and fine-tuning systems for speed, robustness, and cost efficiency.
• You have experience in designing features and models from structured and unstructured data.
• You have experience in building datasets, tools, and services supporting big data and analytics operations.
• You have experience in relational SQL and NoSQL databases like Cassandra, AzureSQL, Cosmos.
• You are proficient in Java or Scala, Python, shell scripts, HQL, SQL.
• You have experience with distributed version control like Git or similar.
• You are familiar with continuous integration/deployment processes and tools such as Jenkins and Maven.
• You have strong written and oral communication skills.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We’ll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualification s for this position.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and 6+ years industry experience, or master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2+ years industry experience.
• 2+ years of experience in building of large-scale data pipelines using big data technologies like Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, Cascading, Apache Hive, and Hadoop stack.
• 2+ years of hands-on experience in Java or Scala, Python, Bash, and SQL.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualification s for this position.
• Experience in building large scale distributed systems with scalability and fault tolerance.
• Experience in building systems leveraging tool available in Google Cloud Platform.
• Experience in multi-cloud production environment deployment and maintenance.
• Experience in debugging, performance tuning, automation, and optimization for scalability and high availability.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualification s for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualification s.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years’ experience in software
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualification s for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualification s.
680 WEST CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4834, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associate s, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experience s, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Posted 18 weeks ago
Learn how to network, prepare visa interviews and sure shot strategies to kickstart your career in the USA.