Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Networking Role as part of the National Network Team, will engage in the challenges of joining various non- integrated entities onto the UHG trusted Network space. You will be working independently and with your Team on problem solving for unique situations within the framework of UHG existing architecture.
We are currently seeking several expert Network Engineers to work on our integrations team! The location is US Telecommuter friendly.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support and troubleshoot data center networks primarily utilizing Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure and Nexus platforms
- Support migration platform from traditional data center network designs to policy-based infrastructure
- Participate and contribute in low- and high-level design discussions, review and add to implementation plans, and review and add to acceptance test plans
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain current and ahead of upcoming developments in the networking industry
- Perform maintenance, support, and troubleshoot network equipment, including hardware installs and software upgrades
- Be comfortable in unknown environments, taking a consultative approach to resolving complex issues
- Educate and evaluate peers and team members while being open to and seeking peer review for superb outcomes
- Implement, administer, and troubleshoot traditional and virtual network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers
- Deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols
- Implement and enforce security procedures to ensure the Company's data is secure and accessed by only those that need access to it
- Create and maintain documentation in relation to network configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
- Proactively evaluate network performance, identify bottlenecks, and find ways of improvement, to ensure long-term efficiency of the network
- Design, engineer and deploy SD-WAN upgrades in multiple markets
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years in a Network Engineering role (CISCO, etc.)
- 3+ years of knowledge of current and upcoming network technologies/trends
- 3+ years of experience in the areas of IP inter-networking, LAN Switching Protocols (MLS, CEF, VLAN (802.1Q), STP, HSRP, LACP/PAGP), and IP Routing protocols (IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- 2+ years of experience with Virtualization, and Application Centric Infrastructure
- 2+ years of Expertise with logical design models (L2/L3, Spanning tree, VRF, VTP, VLANs, physical cabling)
- 2+ years of experience with virtualization platforms, including VMware
- 1+ years of work experience Design, engineer and deploy SD-WAN upgrades in multiple markets
- 1+ years of experience with application policies in the ACI, including Tenants, Application Network Profile (ANP), End Point Group (EPG), Contracts, Subjects, and Filters
- 1+ years of experience with ACI Multi-Site
- Technical training or CISCO CCNA and CCNP Certifications
- Python programming automation experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.