- Bachelors in computer vision/machine learning, related field or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in building production-scale system/algorithm in one of the following domains: computer vision, natural language processing, deep learning, and/or machine learning.
- Coding skills in one or more programming languages such as Python, Scala, Java, C, C+.
- 2-3 years of modeling experience working with deep learning frameworks like Pytorch or MxNet.
- Current hands-on experience with state-of-the-art object detection approaches (e.g. Faster RCNN, YOLO, CenterNet etc.)
- Understanding of deep learning CV evaluation metrics including mAP, F_beta, PR curves, etc.
AWS Professional Services is a unique consulting team. We pride ourselves on being customer obsessed and highly focused on the AI enablement of our customers. We are looking for a passionate and talented Data Scientist who will collaborate with other scientists and engineers to develop computer vision and machine learning methods and algorithms to address real-world customer use-cases. You'll design and run experiments, research new algorithms, and work closely with talented engineers to put your algorithms and models into practice to help solve our customers' most challenging problems.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance.
The primary responsibilities of this role are to:
- Research, design, implement and evaluate novel ML algorithms.
- Work on large-scale datasets, creating scalable, robust and accurate machine learning systems in versatile application fields.
- Work closely with account team, research scientist teams and product engineering teams to drive model implementations and new algorithms
- Interact with customer directly to understand the business problems and aid them in implementation of their ML solutions
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We're dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
- Master or PhD in computer vision/machine learning or equivalent experience.
- Broad knowledge of fundamentals and state-of-the-art in machine learning.
- Familiarity deploying algorithms to AWS SageMaker or other cloud services.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work effectively with a large, distributed team.
- Experience leveraging and augmenting collaboratively developed code bases and computer vision/machine libraries/toolkits to deliver new solutions.
- Experience working with geospatial datasets (e.g., satellite imagery, GPS data, etc.)
- Experience working with motion imagery datasets (e.g., Full Motion Video/FMV, Wide Area Motion Imagery/WAMI).
- Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art.
- Familiarity deploying solutions to IoT/edge platforms (e.g., NVIDIA Jetson Xavier).
- Experience in publishing at major computer science conferences or journals.
- Proven track record in technically leading and mentoring scientists.
This position can have periods of up to 10% travel.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $92,000 - $160,000 a year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.