Rackers: Valued members of a winning team Our employees, affectionately called “Rackers,” are our true strength and differentiator. As valued members of a winning team on an inspiring mission, Rackers make a real difference for our customers. It’s why we’re frequently recognized as an employer of choice by global industry-leading programs, including Great Place to Work, Forbes and Fortune. They embody our Core Values, demonstrating that Fanatical Experience is:
- Excellence. We are an accountable, disciplined, high-performing company with proven results.
- Customer-driven. We are proactive, collaborative and committed to success for our customers.
- Expertise. Rackers are passionate learners who are embedded in our customers’ businesses to provide unbiased solutions.
- Agility. We adopt new technologies and evolve services to meet customers where they are in their journey.
- Compassion. We’re one team doing the right thing for our customers, communities, and each other.
Job Description Summary: As our Security Engineer III you’ll be responsible for supporting the
Rackspace Government Services (RGS) Security Engineering toolset. You’ll develop, improve, modify, and assess security architecture in a hosting- based environment.
Work Location: 100% Remotely from within the continental United States.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct technology and system assessments, provides technical consultation, and ensures system security functionality.
- Respond to all system security weak points and partners with other teams and third- party vendors to resolve security issues.
- Analyze security systems and seek improvements on a continuous basis.
- Report possible threats or software issues.
- Research weaknesses and find ways to counter them.
- Find cost-effective solutions to cybersecurity problems.
- Understand software, hardware and internet needs while adjusting them according to our business environment.
- Develop best practices and security standards for the organization.
- Test company software, firmware, and firewalls.
- Identify solutions to enhance or create new business opportunities, integrating multiple technologies at times.
- Provide technical and systems consultation and actively works with internal clients and technical management to eliminate risk exposures.
- Provide technical security recommendations to customers based on their security and business needs.
- Conduct security and vulnerability assessments on new product offerings.
- Work with system engineers, developers, and architects to implement secure coding practices, technical documentation standards, patching guidelines, QA processes, deployment procedures and configuration management.
- Assist in the development business and system security architectures and risk remediation solutions to meet current and future business security needs.
- Ensure that the computing environments are kept current with service and software update releases and evaluates assessment tools for selection and integration into these environments.
- Develop and execute security testing plans which may include managing joint efforts with 3rd party vendors.
- Participate in industry consortium groups and independent research efforts to promote and identify emerging Computing security needs.
- Stay current on emerging technologies as well as introducing cost- effective solutions to improve the security quality and performance of existing offerings.
- Train/mentor less experienced security engineers and other staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Experience with one of the following security tools: Tripwire, Tenable, and/or Trend Micro.
- Experience with change management tools such as: Ansible, or Big Fix.
- Knowledge and experience with ethical hacking, firewall and intrusion detection/prevention technologies, secure coding practices and threat modeling.
- Advance knowledge and experience of virtualization technologies, Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Advance knowledge and experience of network and server hardware infrastructures and storage technologies (NAS, SAN).
- Experience with designing secure network architectures, identity and access management principles, application security, encryption technologies, DNS, SOA, database and web applications.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate complex scenarios with clear solutions.
- Ability to make appropriate decisions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
Preferred KSA’s: Knowledge of FedRamp Compliance Standards.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Business or Computer Science is preferred, High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Certifications such as CISSP, GSEC, CEH or CISM desired.
- Must be able to pass a Public Trust background check at hire.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- May require further DOD security clearance.
Pay and Benefits: The following information is required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act and applies only to individuals working in the state of Colorado. The anticipated starting pay range of
Colorado applicants for this role is $81,600- $105,800. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on benefits offered is here. https://rackspace.jobs/benefits/
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a
proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $81,600.00 - $105,800.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Security: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote