Are you looking for a job change? Are you looking for a challenging position? Do you have the desire and motivation to take on a position that allows you to act and become the CFO of the programs you’ll support? If so, the Government Health & Safety Solutions Operation of Leidos has an exciting opportunity for an experienced mid-level Program Financial Analyst. The successful candidate will report to the Portfolio Financial Manager/FB&O Division Manager in support of the HHS Life Sciences portfolio.
We’re looking for a dynamic individual who can work with program personnel/leadership, external customer stakeholders, and Leidos senior leadership. This position will be supporting a large IDIQ program with multiple task orders beneath it performing financial reporting/analysis, AOP planning, pricing activities, business case scenarios, and program EAC reviews.
The roles and responsibilities of this position include:
- With oversight, the candidate will support the project team members in the planning, tracking, analysis, financial planning, and reporting of the program. Requires hands-on in the development, maintenance, and/or tracking of Work Breakdown Structures (WBSs) and related dictionaries, work authorization process, funding management, subcontractor management, material control, cost collection, technical performance, integrated analysis /reporting, forecasting, pricing, business case scenarios, and quarterly Estimates at Completion (EACs) tracking/analysis.
This position involves significant interaction with the Portfolio Financial Manager/FB&O Manager and Program Managers and will also involve interaction with Ops/Line Management, Finance personnel, Contracts personnel, Procurement, senior technical personnel, and various other functional or support organizations. This individual will work independently while contributing to the team through reporting, analyzing, estimating, and auditing. Responsibilities will also include preparation of written and verbal reports to program team and management regarding program performance.
- Do you have broad knowledge of this field and the ability to complete difficult assignments? Do you have ability to analyze problems for root cause and identify corrective actions?
- Do you have a comprehensive understanding of cost and schedule development and controls?
- Do you have excellent written and verbal communication skills to carry out and understand assignments, and/or convey or exchange routine information?
- Can you work independently and as key member of a team?
- Do you have a strong background working with multiple contract types: Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Fixed Price Incentive (FPI), Cost Plus (CPxF), and hybrid contracts?
- Do you have project control experience working with Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Organizational Breakdown Structure (OBS), Control Accounts, Basis of Estimates (BOEs), cost accounting and financial management systems, work authorizations, process management systems, and/or reporting?
- Do you have and can you apply principles of finance and accounting to analyze financial statements for monthly/quarterly/annual financial Outlooks, Annual Operating Plan (AOP), Estimates at Complete (EAC) and contractual deliverables?
- Do you have a good understanding of financial activities such as invoicing support, accruals, and program financial revenue projections, pricing activities, variance analysis and business case scenarios?
- Do you enjoy doing Ad-hoc cost and performance analysis?
- Are you comfortable with MS Excel or other similar desktop tools that provide capabilities to collect and analyze information?
- Do you have strong organization, analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills?
- If you can answer “yes” then I’m looking for a candidate like yourself!
- Microsoft Excel (Expert Level),
- Experience with Third-Party Tracking/Process/Tools
- Responsibilities include EAC management, budgeting, forecasting, managing subcontractor hours, costs, and funding needs, as well as analysis of all contract cost and financial data.
- Developing and driving financial forecasts and analyzing the program’s revenue and costs
- Provide proposal support, i.e., pricing activities and preparation of business case models
- Communicating key business insights and recommendations to achieve the program’s current and future goals and making specific recommendations which will result in cost reduction and profit/process improvements
- Supporting program invoicing and funding deliverables
- Creating business cases inclusive of financial modeling
- Performing program-level risk management assessments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a related discipline plus 8 years related experience.
- Comprehensive Program Finance experience; familiar with multiple contract types
- Detail oriented, independent worker, with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have strong Microsoft Excel experience and government contracting experience
- Must be a US Citizen
- Specific experience with the Leidos tool suite to include CostPoint/Deltek, Fusion, SLICS is highly desirable and Contract Setup Processes
- Planning and Forecasting
Pay Range $72,150.00 - $111,000.00 - $149,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.