Description:Specialist Software Engineer
Job Code: SAS20221005-82072
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
As the premier provider of Space Domain Awareness mission solutions for the United States Space Force, L3Harris is looking for a candidate to develop and maintain command and control systems. L3Harris is seeking professionals to work in a dynamic environment to solve challenging technical problems. Individuals will perform command and control system software development, design, implementation, test, and configuration management. The ideal candidate should have experience with the full software development lifecycle, and software configuration management. This position is located in Colorado Springs, CO and requires the candidate be eligible to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.Essential Functions:
- Performing software component design and development
- Update and manage deployment packages to support new functionality and additional deployment needs.
- Support deployment, integration issues, and modifications needed by the test and development teams.
- Participate in deployments to multiple environments, testing, development, and integration.
- Use DevOps pipelines to perform continuous integration and deployment
- Participate in a development team that uses agile methodologies combined with mature software practices and a technology-supported development infrastructure
- Support, maintain and document software functionality
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 4 years of relevant experience OR post-Secondary Degree / Associates with 6 years of prior relevant experience or Graduate Degree and 2 years of experience.
- Full Software Engineering Lifecycle experience
- Java coding experience in a Linux environment (Eclipse or Intellij, GUI/JUnit/REST protocol/network messaging)
- Experience with relational database systems and interacting with databases through higher level code
- Experience with software containerization and orchestration (Kubernetes and Docker)
- Experience with XML data manipulation
- Experience with Apache products: NiFi and Kafka
- Experience with fast-moving Agile projects and participate in SCRUM team activities to include writing epics, user stories, and tasks
- Active Secret security clearance
- Space C2 Experience
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $73,500 - $135,500. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.