Sr Software Engineer- Remote, need to be near Austin, TX, will relo candidates!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Mitch Hagen
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $120,000 - $165,000 per yearA bit about us:
Based in Las Vegas, NV we are a fast-growing and established gaming solutions company that is revolutionizing the gaming industry as we know it! We multiple offices in the US and abroad. This job is based in Austin, TX. The job will primarily be remote but candidates need to be close enough to occasionally come into the office. We will consider helping someone relocate.Why join us?
- Competitive Base Salary, bonus and benefits!
- Flexible Work Schedules!
- Accelerated Career Growth w/ global opportunities!
We are looking for a motivated, energetic, team-oriented, and experienced Software Engineer. This role will play a key role in an Agile based software development environment by creating robust platforms and innovative gaming products. The Software Engineer IV has a high-level of proficiency in software design producing high quality, robust, and maintainable products. This engineer has strong SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) experience in C#, mentor junior developers and is expected to work with little or no supervision.
What You'll Do
- Follow a disciplined Agile/Kanban software development process in task estimation, design, development, code reviews, unit/integration testing and defect fixing of products
- Develop for our latest Platform and challenge your expertise with C#/.NET, architecture and design, and advanced constructs like multi-threading
- Assists in the overall schedule estimations of product releases
- Assists other Software Engineers in the estimation of design and development tasks
- Authors technical design documents for the products
- Works with senior staff to design code that adheres to the written specifications
- Initiates and/or participates in peer reviews of code design and written code
- Documents new/modified code, and develops/automates unit and integration tests to verify the changes
- Analyzes existing software to debug and troubleshoot field issues that may arise
- Identifies and proposes software development process improvement initiatives
- Assists in the technical analysis of potential tools and commercial products
- Mentors junior Software Engineers in SDLC processes and design/coding patterns
- Performs all other tasks as assigned
What We're Looking For
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/ related field or equivalent experience
- 8+ years professional software engineering experience
- Advanced experience in object-oriented programming using C# for Microsoft .NET platform on Windows operating systems
- Experience in writing multi-threaded desktop applications
- Knowledge of design/modeling with tools such as UML
- Proven analytical abilities applied to system design and software implementation
- Ability to keep up with new technologies/tools, and design techniques and lead adoption of those technologies with the team
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Experience with continuous integration systems
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Casino gaming or related technology experience
- Strong working knowledge in one or more of the following: WPF, WCF, LINQ
- Experience with Windows or Linux Embedded OS
- Microcontrollers and embedded systems
- Experience in network protocols
- Low level communication protocols (e.g. RS-232)
- Proprietary hardware protocols
- Experience with automated testing
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.