- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- 6+ years of relevant product/technical program management experience, preferably in the technology sector
- 2+ years change management experience
AWS provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS, one can requisition compute power, storage, and employ a suite of other elastic IT infrastructure services, on demand. As the leading platform for design and development application for the cloud, AWS is one of Amazon’s largest and fastest growing businesses, serving millions of customers in more than 190 countries.
AWS’ growth is driving a rapid expansion of its worldwide sales team. The Worldwide Sales, Marketing, and Global Services Operations (SMGS Ops) mission is to enable the AWS sales team to be the most efficient in the world. WW SMGS and Sales, Engagement, and Productivity Solutions (SEPS) teams enable the sales team to spend their time where it matters: with customers. We support the sales team by providing efficient tools and processes, deep telemetry and metrics, and the essential training so that the sales team can deliver the best-in-class experience for our customers.
SMGS Ops is seeking a senior program manager to support Greater China Region (GCR) single threaded leader (STL) whose mission is to drive a strong strategic alignment between the SMGS, Sales, SEPS and GCR organizations. This role will work on building and operationalizing the mechanism that create awareness of WW key initiatives (product or service launches) that affects GCR teams. This role will ensure that key stakeholders are engage - from project initiation, execution, and product launch. The key success measures of this role are to have:
- A documented mechanism that WW SMGS and SEPS product managers and service owners will use to request the appropriate GCR stakeholder for inclusion into their initiatives.
- A single source of record registry of all WW SMGS and SEPS initiatives with impact GCR that includes the vital milestones for GCR to reference.
- Each WW SMGS and SEPS product or service launch initiative will have a named GCR stakeholder at the project kick-off and a vote during the go/no-go product or service launch decision.
- A change management plan for each WW SMGS and SEPS product or service launch co-authored by GCR enablement, Training, and Communication (GCR ETC), WW SMGS and SEPS ETC, and WW SMGS and SEPS Product Managers.
- An escalation mechanism for WW SMGS and SEPS Product Managers and GCR stakeholders for issues and risk identified that are not resolved within agreed SLA.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in end-to-end program management and working with numerous stakeholders. This role will be need to operate effectively in an ambiguous and highly collaborative environment and must have the ability to influence without authority across multiple worldwide team members. This senior program manager will report directly to the WWPS Single Threaded Leader.
Position can be located anywhere in the US that is commutable to an AWS Corporate office.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Master degree in business or equivalent. • Demonstrated experience as a strong leader who has proven ability to guide cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management • Experience contributing to engineering discussions to make technology decisions related to product strategies. • Proven success in delivering technology products or managing technology programs in high growth environment • Experience supporting products or programs for sales teams with different go-to-market model • Experience launching new products or new services for an international customer and/or supported by an international team. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience engaging and influencing cross-functional stakeholders and senior executives. • Experience as a service owner for a service with international users. • Highly adaptable and enjoy the intellectual challenge of diving deep into projects spanning sales, operations, and technical domains. • PMP certification. • Professional fluency in Mandarin • Experience with China telecom regulations and compliance The pay range for this position in Colorado is $115,600 - $160,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.