Marmon Foodservice Technologies, Inc.
Come join a team where People make the difference! As a part of Marmon Holdings, Inc., a highly decentralized organization, we rely heavily on people with the aptitude, attitude, and entrepreneurial spirit to drive our success, and we're committed to attracting and retaining top talent.
Embedded Software Engineer will lead the design, implementation, debugging, and management of the application software life cycle supporting our food & beverage equipment. Responsibilities include designing from requirements, interfacing with hardware and system design engineers, developing, and executing verification tests, writing release documentation for new products, as well as troubleshooting application software anomalies to the root cause.
- Write/debug application/UI software across a range of product domains
- Implement UI widgets utilizing Qt framework targeting Linux
- Develop detailed functional specifications and software test plans
- Work with a cross-functional team of product and project engineers, as well as QA/Validation teams
- Directly contribute application code to support application features and updates
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of relevant technologies in the industry
- Maintain documentation through all stages of software development process
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with 3-5 years of experience working in product development with direct responsibility for application software development
- Qt/JavasScript/C++/Python and GUI development experience
- Must be able to troubleshoot software anomalies to the root cause
- Working knowledge of code management and bug tracking tools
- Creative, with demonstrated strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Must have excellent communication skills to effectively interface with engineers and personnel of other disciplines
- Experience with a formal software development process such as Scrum or other agile methodology strongly preferred
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic environment
- Self-starter, driven and motivated team player
Following receipt of a conditional offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete additional job-related screening processes as permitted or required by applicable law .
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to email@example.com, and please be sure to include the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.