Join the OwnersEdge Team!
OwnersEdge is an ESOP holding company that strives to invest in and build sustainable companies across the Midwest. The businesses within our portfolio utilize their industry experience to drive business growth and create value for stakeholders including customers, communities, and our ESOP employee owners. To support our continued growth, we have an excellent opportunity for an individual to join the OwnersEdge team as an Accounting Manager working with two of our affiliates - CC&N and Asche & Spencer.
- Energized to support revenue growth of the affiliate businesses with a focus on cost management and operating income
- All about data gathering and analyzing the facts to build a business case with effective and quick decision-making
- A master at balancing accountability and internal controls with continuous improvement and process efficiency
Reporting to the OwnersEdge President, this position will be the primary financial contact with the affiliate business leadership teams for CC&N and Asche & Spencer. The accounting manager will contribute significantly to the integrity and accuracy of the affiliate company’s financial statements, assist in developing and monitoring strategic growth initiatives, and continuously improving financial controls and reporting. Additionally, you will be a member of the finance leaders team working with other employee owners who have financial responsibility and will lead one employee.
To thrive in this role, you will:
- Provide leadership with needed financial information, dashboards, analyses, and recommendations to make important business decisions.
- Work closely with the president and directors to prepare timely and accurate monthly and annual financial reports and forecasts.
- Be responsible for all aspects of assigned affiliate companies’ monthly financial close process including review and analysis of large project reporting and revenue recognition.
- Conduct monthly work in process (WIP) meetings with CC&N operations team.
- Assist with the analysis of Company financial information including preparation of weekly and monthly dashboards to management along with key performance indicator reporting.
- Monitor cash flow performance and needs of the company by providing estimates of funds generated by working capital efficiency.
- Power user within organization on ERP functionality, especially as it relates to financial dashboards, reporting, and accounting functions.
- Responsible for monthly sales and use tax filings for multiple states.
- Ensure the timely, accurate calculation, and payment of sales commissions.
- Lead the preparation of the affiliate companies’ annual budget.
- Drive process improvement activities and actively participate in cost management efforts for the company.
- Develop and document account processes and procedures ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Oversee Fixed Assets by conducting annual fixed asset audits and maintaining company controls.
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
You Bring a Track Record of…
- Minimum 5 years’ experience supervising an accounting department, public accounting experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience partnering with Operations and Sales teams to drive understanding of monthly financial results
- Computer use (ERP, Microsoft Office Suite) competency with proficiency in MS Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with customers, employees, and management
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting, and business operations
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- BS/BA in accounting or relevant field; CPA will be preferred
- Accepting and adapting to a variety of business cultures represented by the affiliate companies and OwnersEdge
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $70,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brookfield, WI 53045: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location