** This position is eligible to work in a hybrid work model (combination of in-office and remote days). **JOB SCOPE
Responsible for architectural designs, deployment standards, implementation guides, and other documentation of Charter Cloud on-premise network, infrastructure, virtualization, and container environments. Responsibilities also include support, troubleshooting, and improving the network, compute, storage, and virtualization in our Cloud Implementation and Operations group. Support the implementation teams to enhance current and new systems to ensure stable product delivery aligned with company initiatives and expectations. Support the operation teams including maintenance, on-call, triage, deployment, and planning for the network, infrastructure, server compute, SAN storage, virtualization, containerization, service delivery, and other operations. Participate and engage as part of a cross-functional team to support the initiatives of the department and our customers. Collaborate with Advanced Engineering on creating new or improving existing cloud architecture and technologies. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Create architectural designs, deployment standards, implementation guides, and other documentation for Cloud Infrastructure including Network, Compute, Storage, Virtualization, and Containers.
- Enhance, support, troubleshoot, and maintain current systems for Cloud Infrastructure
- Participate in architecture discussions with peer and senior engineers to ensure Cloud Infrastructure is supporting business needs.
- Participates in cross-functional groups with Advanced Engineering, IT, and others to ensure collaboration and success.
- Performs other duties as requested.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronic Engineering, related fields, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience working with routing and switches (Arista, Cisco, Brocade, Juniper, HP, etc)
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working with networking Data Center technologies (Spanning-tree, Firewall, ACLs, Security zones, VLXAN, NSX-T, Cisco ACI)
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working with firewalls and load-balancers (A10, Cisco ASA, F5, Fortinet, Juniper SRX, NGiNX)
- Minimum two (2) years of experience performing physical and virtual engineering for Cloud architecture utilizing blade, rack server designs, Hypervisor, Virtual Machine Management, and Virtual Environment Operations technologies for Cloud virtualization
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Knowledge of programming language such as Python, PHP or PERL.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
- Knowledge of all FCC compliance reports and other rules and regulations, as well as, Cable Television or related technologies
- Certifications in Cisco or Juniper Data Center or networking
- Certifications in A10, F5 or other load-balancers
- Experience as network architect or design
- Experience utilizing and designing Network Monitoring Systems to provide alerts or service assurance reporting
- Experience with Compute in a Cloud Environment using AWS, Rack Mount and Blade Servers
- Office environment
- Travel as required
#LI-AK EGN601-APO 307029 307029BR
Here, employees dont just have jobs, they build careers. Thats why we believe in offering a comprehensive [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Principal Engineer I Cloud Implementation and Operations
package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a salary range of $107,600.00 to $191,200.00
. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.