Please note this will be shift work - Wednesday to Saturday 7am-5pm/flex
Purpose of Job This role is analyst(s) for the Security Incident Response (SIR) Team. As the team has developed into a 24/7 365 operation, we require strong individual contributors that will investigate, analyze and contain security incidents.
- Strong ability to collaborate, delegate tasks and drive deadline compliance in a highly regulated, time sensitive environment
- Triage, escalation, and assisting the response of cybersecurity, policy and privacy related events and incidents
- Manage containment and remediation efforts of affected assets, IOCs, and TTPs
- Produce detailed incident reports and security recommendations
- Hold stakeholders accountable for remediation actions
- Providing training and guidance through complex incidents
- Integrate and collaborate with other subject matter experts throughout the organization
- Liaison with Cyber Defense, Privacy, Compliance, Legal, and Architecture teams
- Influence the creation and/or adoption of new standards and procedures
- Identify deficiencies in processes and tools, recommend security controls and/or corrective actions for mitigating technical and business risk. Contribute to Lessons Learned Meetings.
- Monitor security intake technologies for reports of security incidents
- On-Call duties may be required
- 2 or more years of IT Security or Cyber Security experience in any of the following areas:
- Incident Response
- Email Security
- Data Protection\Governance
- Cybersecurity threat detection, monitoring and reporting
- Cyber Intelligence and Threat Hunting
- Vulnerability Management
- Must be able to obtain NAC clearance
- Must be able to work off shift hours if needed (e.g. Nights and Weekends)
- Experience analyzing attack vectors, current threats, and security remediation strategies
- Experience with SIEM technologies, EDR technologies, and/or Asset isolation tools
- Networking experience (including the OSI Model, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP), System Administration, and Security Architecture
- Information Technology Industry Certification: Willingness to obtain information/cybersecurity certification within nine (9) months of hire
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Spanish Language skills
- PowerShell, KQL, or Python scripting experience
- CISSP, CISA, GCIH, CEH, CHFI, CCSP, SEC+, Net+, A+
- Understanding of Cyber Kill Chain and MITRE ATT&CK framework
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.