We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Origin's vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth!
We are looking for a skilled, motivated engineer, with a focus on real-time embedded solutions, to help us build software that enables human spaceflight. As an experienced Software Engineer, you will be a key member of a small team that participates in the full flight software life cycle. You will be a key technical contributor in avionics software development and verification, safety critical functions, and systems integration. You will share in the team's impact on all aspects of design, implementation, construction, and deployment.
This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention toward safe and repeatable human spaceflight.
We value people who are ready to learn new things, beginning on the first day. We're looking for a teammate who will be committed, careful, and passionate about ensuring safe and reliable human spaceflight. We are a growing team and seek technical, initiative taking motivated engineers who desire to help us grow. We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, and dedication to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- Develop flight software a to enable a robust, real-time, safety-critical, software systems
- Support development of fault tolerant flight software responsible for the overall command and control and autonomous flight vehicles
- Provide contribution towards software development and integration testing efforts to integrate software components, create and run unit tests, validate on Hardware-in-the-Loop and release real-time embedded solutions
- Contribute to production of technical documentation for software architecture, design, verification plans
- Provide guidance to TPMs to help plan, track progress and adjust scope to meet goals in agile operating rhythm.
- Adapt software DevOps technologies to solve software automation problems
- Promote deployment of common & streamlined process/procedures across software organization.
- Actively work with product owner and scrum master to support sprint planning and backlog grooming sessions
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of software development experience or software leadership experience
- Strong avionics and flight software development skills, including lab integration and testing
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles
- Project management fundamentals, including planning, tracking progress, and adjusting scope to meet goals
- The ability to quickly absorb information in an unfamiliar domain and translate it into software
- Experience working in an engineering software team with a diverse user base
- An internal drive to deliver high-quality results with the ability to seek out requirements and propose solutions
- Proven communication skills; open to the opinions of others and willing to own and correct mistakes
- Working knowledge of configuration management and source code management systems
- Experience with software development in mission and safety-critical environments, such as DO-178 compliance
- Have an ability to take technical ownership, step in to help team members as needed, collaborate with team members to identify and fix technical problems.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and strengthen our culture of inclusion
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- M.S degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related field
- Software development skills, particularly in C/C++, and Python
- Experience with Windows, Linux, Jenkins, compiler tool-chains, database systems, scripting languages and UX design
- Working knowledge of using software DevOps technologies to solve software automation problems
- Experience with desktop applications, real-time embedded applications, and safety-critical software development
- Experience with and understanding of computer networking systems and protocols
- Experience with application performance monitoring and analysis
- Experience with instrumentation and control systems
- Experience with space vehicle launch operations
- Embedded systems experience
- Matlab and Simulink experience, especially related to generating C code from models
- Experience debugging low-level (platform and driver) code
- Experience debugging auto-generated code
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience. Estimated hourly wage (Colorado only): $98K- $147K Export Control Regulations
Applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on "EEO Is the Law," please see here and here.
Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Washington Fair Chance Act, Los Angeles Fair Chance in Hiring Ordinance, and other applicable laws.Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to receive information on Blue Origin's Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.Benefits
Employee Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401(k) with up to 5% company match.
Paid Time Off: Provides up to 4 weeks per year, in addition to 14 holidays