Looking for a highly motivated individual proficient in at least one PCB Layout tool. Individual would work in a team environment, must have a strong commitment to project schedules, maintain high design quality and consistency, support processes and libraries, understand PCB manufacturing processes, prepare and archive design documentation, understand basic component engineering tasks, procure prototype assemblies & components, and assist engineers with advanced CAD tools – such as PI or SI.
Working with electrical engineers you will be responsible for the CAD tools and layout of Printed Circuit Boards or Flexible circuits for medical products, completing artwork files, documentation packages, and Bill of Materials, releasing documentation following strict revision control methodologies, and manage the fabrication and assembly builds through approved contract manufacturers. This implies managing CAD tools, maintaining accurate component libraries, and enforcing best practices to reduce design errors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Develop in-depth understanding of the CAD PCB Layout tools used in Hologic designs: Zuken CADSTAR/eCADSTAR, and Mentor Graphics Xpedition
- Familiar with Schematic Capture tools, such as Zuken CADSTAR/eCADSTAR, Cadence Orcad, and Mentor Graphics DXdesigner
- Maintain Library maintenance, and creation of components based on component requests.
- Basic “Component Engineer” understanding to find alternate parts, and multiple sources of parts when creating new components. Comprehension of Component Datasheets and Layout Guidelines.
- Understand PCB Fabrication processes, IPC standards, PCB Design for Manufacturability, and enforce Artwork Design Rules and good manufacturing practices to reduce design errors.
- Generate Artwork documentation packages (Gerbers, ODB++), and follow strict revision control using document revision control system (Agile).
- Successful candidate must demonstrate a strong commitment to meet project schedules and production needs, and an urgency to complete tasks.
- Works collaboratively with engineers – electrical, mechanical, sustaining, manufacturing, operations, and compliance engineers.
- Ensures design, fabrication, documentation methods/processes are executed in a manner which supports quality standards.
- Demonstrates logical thinking and problem solving of layout challenges.
- Understanding of design and documentation revision controls
- Must be able to transfer PCB CAD expertise to PCB development tools quickly.
- Word Office Suite a must
- Ability to write Excel visual basic to create tools driving tool efficiencies – a plus.
Skills / Specialized Knowledge
- Proficient in at least one PCB CAD tool suite a must.
- Knowledge of electrical EMC compliance standards impact to PCB design – creepage, isolation, and ESD solutions – a plus.
- Understanding of CAD layout tool routing aspects such as:
- Analog isolation, power bypassing, high current routing, DDRx matching rules, differential pairs, and transmission lines.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years’ relevant work experience in PCB CAD design
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Newark, DE: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: One location