- Bachelor (undergraduate) degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Software Engineer, Security, or others) OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- 6+ years of technical program management experience
- Experience translating customer needs into detailed product requirements
- Technical fluency; ability to discuss web architecture and technologies, gauge complexity of a planned feature, make schedule tradeoffs, and evaluate roadmap timeframes with technical team members
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by millions of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 2000 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. AWS customers are looking for ways to innovate, change their business models, and solve complex business challenges.
In this role, you will join the team responsible for the specification, documentation, and development of internal applications, APIs, and data pipelines used in the development and delivery of AWS certifications. Our areas of focus include the continuous improvement of the Certification development and delivery platform, minimizing external dependencies, and making improvements to internal processes, automation, tooling and analytics.
Travel may be required up to 25% of your time.
This position must be based near a US AWS office in the following cities: Boston, Dallas, HQ2 (Arlington), Seattle, Vancouver (Canada), Atlanta, Denver, and Jersey City. Domestic Relocation is offered.
Key job responsibilities
- Own the design and architecture of the end-to-end components and the connecting interfaces that comprise the AWS Certification exam pipeline
- Develop process automations and improvements that result in higher quality, throughput, and scalability
- Author detailed technical product documents and mockups
- Work directly with engineering teams to develop internal tooling and interfaces
About the team
As cloud technologies continue to transform businesses, skilled individuals are in high demand. At AWS Training and Certification (T&C), we are passionate about revolutionizing the way people advance their cloud skills and careers. We equip diverse builders of today and tomorrow with the knowledge they need to leverage the power of the AWS Cloud. Join our dynamic, fast-growing team and help us empower our customers to build cloud skills.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. Office
- Experience authoring technical documentation for software products preferably APIs and/or SDKs.
- 2+ years experience with product planning/roadmapping, backlog management, and feature definition
- Hands-on experience building web services and multi-tier systems
- Experience designing and building software products from scratch
- Exposure to UX design philosophies and tools such as InDesign
- Experience working on agile development teams (SCRUM, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience with data analytics tools like Tableau, QuickSight, etc
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,200 - $185,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.