At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a trusted provider of mission-enabling solutions for global security. Our Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
We are looking for you to join our team as a Sr. Principal Embedded Software Engineer
based out of Amherst, NY
in the Buffalo
area. As a Software Engineer at Northrop Grumman you will have a challenging and rewarding opportunity to be a part of our Enterprise-wide digital transformation. Through the use of Model-based Engineering, DevSecOps and Agile practices we continue to evolve how we deliver critical national defense products and capabilities for the warfighter. Our success is grounded in our ability to embrace change, move quickly and continuously drive innovation. The successful candidate will be collaborative, open, transparent, and team-oriented with a focus on team empowerment & shared responsibility, flexibility, continuous learning, and a culture of automation.What You'll Get To Do
Join our team of qualified, diverse individuals and become part of our Software Engineering department at Northrop Grumman's Amherst Systems in Buffalo, New York; an organization focused on development and production of state-of-the-art Simulation Systems solutions. You will have the opportunity work in a dynamic people-focused environment and interact with other developers, other engineering disciplines, and our customers. Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design, develop, test, operate, and maintain software and firmware components and computing systems software to be applied to, and integrated with, engineering, scientific and manufacturing requirements
- Apply the appropriate Software Engineering standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of such engineering applications and products such as laboratory simulation systems, and display systems
- Interface with customers, suppliers, application users, and other technical and support personnel
- Travel to customer site for installation of our software applications upon completion (dependent on program phase)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical degree from an accredited institution and a minimum of 9 years of professional work experience in Software Engineering; or a Master of Science degree and 7 years of work experience in Software Engineering; or PhD and 4 years of work experience
- Experience with Linux/Unix Operating Systems (may consider candidate with Qt Development experience on Windows)
- Experience with C/C++
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance
- Experience including the full software life-cycle: requirements, design, coding, testing, and integration
- Experience with RedHat Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with Qt
- Experience with RedHawk Operating Systems
- Experience developing software in JAVA and ADA programming languages.
- Experience with hardware test equipment such as O-Scopes, Spectrum Analyzers, and power meters
- Experience working on Department of Defense (DOD) software development efforts
- Experience in the field of Electronic Warfare (EW)
- Experience in working on business or engineering full life-cycle projects from project inception through launch
- Experience with developing software for Electronic Warfare systems. Specifically, experience with the NG Amherst
- CEESIM and SCS products are a major plus
$114,300 USD - $171,500 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority
. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.