Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work closely with development teams to improve maintainability and reliability of services
- Handle seamless upgrades of infrastructure and services through automation Identify, gather, analyze and automate responses to key performance metrics, logs, and alerts
- Ensure compliance with appropriate security standards
- Identifying the Service Level Objects (SLOs) and Service Level Indicators and maintaining those metrics in a good standard for smooth operations
- Engineering - Continuously optimize secure, scalable and performant security tools and service. Reliability - Drive fault detection and correction, performance and uptime at global scale
- Monitoring - Instrument systems to gain visibility and understanding of how they are performing at any time Automation and orchestration to enable
- Accelerated infrastructure, application and software configuration deployment
- Automated response to alerts or indicators of performance issues
- Infrastructure as code Key Qualifications Key Qualifications
- Experience supporting infrastructure and services in public and private cloud environments (GCP, Azure)
- Proficient with various programming languages such as Python / Java / Ruby / Perl / Go / Makefile for building automation or integration with APIs
- Experience with common formats such as JSON, YAML and compression utilities
- Expertise with monitoring or log aggregation tools (Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk)
- Expertise in key SRE Skills (Scalability, Reliability and Observability)
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools and deployment processes
- Solid understanding and experience with Change management tool like ServiceNow
- Conduct post-mortems to analyze failures and prevent recurrence
- Provide service support by participating in regular on-call shifts responding to service issues
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with a solid sense of ownership and independence
- Experience administering Linux systems in a production environment
- Experience operating, troubleshooting, and scaling online services in cloud-based environment
- Experience providing on-call support for high priority incidents
- Operational experience with networking and an understanding of networking principles
- Exposure to all Google Cloud products
- Experience reviewing security scans and remediating vulnerabilities
- Experience with modern container orchestration systems like Kubernetes
- Familiarity with security issues in the cloud such as intrusion, penetration, and vulnerability scanning
- Experience with monitoring solutions like Splunk, Grafana, Prometheus
- Experience with CI/CD and Jenkins or similar tools
- Experience with Change Management processes and functions
- Experience with various data management technologies including relational and non-relational databases and message queues
- Establish, refine and integrate development and test environment tools and software as needed
- Provide technical support and consultation for Java applications and infrastructure questions
- Stay up-to-date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools
- Facilitation/presentation experience and ability to properly communicate with Business and Technical audience
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Undergraduate degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related area or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience covering the entire software lifecycle in a team-oriented environment
- Advanced knowledge of Unix/Linux & Windows systems and internals
- Working knowledge with DevOps automation tools such as Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Ansible etc.
- Working knowledge in container and container management technologies (Docker, Packer, Kubernetes, Linux Kit)
- Working knowledge installing, configuring, and maintaining DevOps tools and technologies such as Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.