- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years professional experience in software development.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures & algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++ or Java.
Do you enjoy solving complex problems with simple solutions? Would you like to help us innovate on behalf of Amazon’s Digital and Device customers? Device, Digital and Alexa Support (D2AS) technology organization is seeking an experienced software development engineer to join the engineering team. The D2AS vision is to create innovative support experiences for customers of Amazon’s devices and digital products, through intelligent self-service solutions and enabling our tech-support organization with tools and technology.
In this role you will have the opportunity to help define the experience for Amazon Customer Support Associates in the digital and device space. This includes internal tools for monitoring, alarming, and reacting to emergent events in the network as well as agent facing web applications that provide diagnostic and troubleshooting capabilities for all Amazon devices.
As a software development engineer, you will:
- Solve difficult engineering problems with elegant and practical code.
- Help define engineering best practices and providing technical mentorship to other members of the engineering team.
- Be a champion for the customer and ensuring their needs always come first.
- Design and build software for front end clients and server systems.
You're an awesome fit if you demonstrate:
- Industry-leading technical abilities showcasing a breadth and depth of technical knowledge
- The ability to build good working relationships within the team by communicating clearly both verbally and in writing
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills with the ability to come up with creative solutions to seemingly impossible engineering problems
We use agile development strategies and want software engineering leaders who can thrive in a fast paced, high-energy work environment.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience building large scale full stack software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $143,700 - $194,400/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.